Funeral

(Amelia's POV)

I have never been more stressed in my life. The stress isn't good for the baby. It isn't good for anyone. I just wish I could figure out how to help Link.

Today, we are going to Paul's funeral. Link is coming too. It took everything I had to get him to come. He has been back at work, trying his best to heal himself, but I don't know if that is going to cut it. He is broken. And I am not sure how to fix him.

Amelia- "Okay babe, it's time to go. We have a flight to catch."

Link comes down the stairs in his suit. We are flying there and back. We aren't going to stay overnight. Jo came earlier this morning to take care of the kids while we are gone.

Link- "Are you sure I have to go to this?"

Amelia- "Yes. You need to go."

He looked down at his feet and put his hands in his pockets. I went over to him and grabbed his wrist, so he would pull his hand out of his pocket. I reached out my hand to his, and he took it. We walked out the car, and made our way to the airport. I barely made the cut to be able to fly this late into my pregnancy. I am about 6 months pregnant and I feel like I was about to pop.

We get to the airport and go sit in the area to wait to be boarded. We are some of the first people to board because we fly first class. When we get settled into the plane I sigh in relief. Thankful to be off of my feet for a few hours.

Link- "What's wrong?"

When he asks I am surprised. He doesn't talk much now unless he has to.

Amelia- "Nothing. I am just exhausted. My feet hurt and I feel like I am about to pop."

He nods his head.

Link- "You look great. You are glowing."

Amelia- "I look like a beached whale. I'm so fat that my maternity clothes are starting to get a little tight."

Link- "You aren't fat. You look beautiful. You're carrying our child."

He sighs and looks at my belly. He looks like he is in a trance.

Amelia- "I have just been so stressed lately. I'm exhausted."

I really am exhausted. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep since Paul died.

Link- "I'm sorry."

He looks down into his lap and starts to fiddle with his hands.

Amelia- "For what?"

He looked anxious.

Link- "I have been causing you a lot of stress. I don't ever help with the kids anymore. I just...I'm emotionally exhausted."

Is he finally talking to me?

Amelia- "I am not denying that."

I laugh and so does he.

Amelia- "However, you never need to apologize for going through something. It happens to the best of us."

I lay my head on his shoulder. He lays his head on my head and I slowly drift off into sleep. BEing pregnant is exhausting.

Next thing I know, the plane is landing. Link is trying his hardest to wake me up softly, but the turbulence and commotion ends up jarring me awake.

Link takes a deep breath in and sighs heavily. I lift my head up and try to completely wake up.

Amelia- "Have you been awake this entire time?"

Link- "No. I slept for about an hour, then I got hungry so I asked the flight attendant for some food."