Chapter 1| "The things I'll miss..."

[Hi to all readers new and old. If you're one of my original readers then you know how I work if not then I'll explain.

I despise it when fanfic writers discontinue their stories. I guarantee that no matter how long it takes I will finish this story or make an appropriate plan no matter the circumstances--those of you would've supported me through the Alchemy/Enchanted rewrite know this well.

I'm open to criticism and feedback. Please feel free to correct me if I make any spelling, grammatical or contextual errors. If the error is valid I'll fix it asap.

I know I said that I wouldn't write Naruto fanfiction again but I got reinspired recently and during this time of bored why not? It's not going to be as long as Alchemy...lol...

How do you guys like this concept. If it's not your scene I'm planing a few other works as well. Like a modern soulmate au and possibly a samurai au as well. If you like those ideas more let me know. But I'm quite enamoured by this idea. I got the idea from a kny fanfic on ao3.

If you ever want to chat or voice your opinions about stuff I've written or have any questions feel free to comment openly or pm me.

Anyways If you're new feel free to check out my other work. I'm busy studying from home and working on my original novel so I'm going try my best to update on a weekly schedule. Updates may be earlier than expected depending on my progress.

Nothing interesting has happened yet but it'll get intriguing soon...I promise...]

_________________________

__________________________

The late morning sun stung Tenten's eyes and parched her throat as she worked on her family's grounds.

Despite the seemingly never-ending drought the residents of her village dedicated their days to ploughing the hard, dry earth in an attempt to sow something-anything. So long as they could hope to produce some substance to feed their families and earn some money.

It wasn't always like this. Tenten recalled a time in her youth where water had been abundant. A time where she and her siblings had stuffed themselves to the brim with honey melon slices after splashing around in the rivers and ponds that dotted the commons of their village. A time were fish was abundant and the villagers danced and partied in the town square-full of life and celebration.

That was then and this was now.

Tenten wasn't exactly sure how far the drought had spread and why exactly it had started, but it was likely to have affected the whole Land of Fire not just their small village on the outskirts of Konohagakure no Sato-the Village hidden in the leaves.