5: What a Day

Lunch break was over and it's time for Duchess' next class which is Potions. She remembered someone who excels so much in that field and she just hopes that they won't be in the same class. Again.

Duchess was walking through the corridors, students passing by, going to their next classes also. It didn't take her quite much time to find the Potions classroom.

She went to the door and turned the knob, she was welcomed by a bright-colored room, yellow, pink, and blue colored curtains, cauldrons everywhere, few students sitting on their designated seats.

Duchess picked a seat where she is quite distanced from the others as usual and waited for their professor to come in.

Minutes after she settled down, she heard the door open and something that made her relaxing face turn into a frown immediately.

"Bye guys! See you on Sim later" it was Amber's voice. Duchess can hear Nicholas, Jairus, and Lily's voice outside, bidding their goodbyes to each other.

The two looked for an empty seat while waiting for the rest of their classmates and for their professor.

"Oh hi there Lilianne, can't believe we're in the same class again" Amber started the conversation.

Kentrell and Amber are seated near Duchess and they are all covered with awkwardness so someone had to talk.

"Yeah, wasn't expecting either" Duchess shortly replied. She heaved a sigh when finally, their professor came in so she isn't required to lengthen their conversation anymore.

"Good day class!" A young, pretty, and petite woman greeted them as she is walking to the front.

"Good afternoon Professor Laura" the students replied with lots of energy.

"Oh, I wasn't expecting this much students to be in my class at this hour," the professor chuckled and observed her students that are sitting inside the room.

"Anyways, I don't actually like lectures and classes all the time. They're boring, right?" the young professor continued talking to her students who enthusiastically agreed with her.

The professor smiled upon hearing 'yeeess!'s and 'oh gosh it's torture's from her lovely students.

"Seems like you'll be the best batch I gotta teach so far hmm" she continued speaking.

"So, this might be clichè but I want to know your thoughts about me, anyone who wants to go first?" she said with her energetic voice and started wandering her eyes, searching for a volunteer.

A good-looking boy raises his hands in order to be recognized by his professor. "Ah, yes young man, do you want to start if off?" Professor Laura acknowledged him.

"Good afternoon professor," he started, giving a small bow to her as a sign of respect, "and good afternoon classmates," he continued, looking at his classmates. "I'm Prince Silverwight. I came from a far kingdom, for some personal matters. As what I have heard from other students here, professor, is that you are a great teacher. So I am looking forward to the lectures with you, professor" Prince finishes his speech.

"Oh wow, that's... great! Thank you. I hope I won't disappoint you when we start our lectures" Professor Laura chuckled but she means what she said.

"Okay, to make this much fun, let's play a game. I'll give you an ingredient, or describe the potion and you guys should tell me what potion it is. After guessing the potion correctly, another person should give me the use of it. Got it?" Professor Laura instructed her students, which the students replied to her enthusiastically.