Chapter 3 - Want

Author POV

"I'm not going to a damn strip bar!" The notorious mafia leader, Hwasa said. Next to her was her underboss, Jihyo "What's the worst that could happen, plus you need a break from what's happening with Kai" Hwasa threw a shot glass at the wall and said " I swear if I hear his name one more time I'm gonna kill someone!" Jihyo quickly shut her mouth and stayed quiet. Jihyo silently made her way to the door and opened. Just as she was about to walk out Hwasa said something unexpected "You know what, sign me up for the strip club." Jihyo smirked "Already on it, boss." And with that she left the room.

Hwasa and Jihyo had been friends since they were in middle school and they trusted each other with their lives.

Unlike other mafias who became leaders when their parents died, Hwasa became the mafia leader after her Dad wanted to retire due to an illness. She gladly took the throne and quickly rose to power at the young age of 15, with Jihyo by her side of course.

Kai, the one person Hwasa supposedly hates so much used to be in her the mafia. Hwasa and Kai once even dated, but Kai broke her trust when he stole almost half of the money the mafia had made. Not only did he steal but he cheated on Hwasa with another chick.

Hwasa kicked Kai out of the mafia but Kai never gave up. He started his own mafia and the two were enemies, always will be.

"I guess it won't be that bad." Hwasa says, still thinking about her decision. Hwasa was never one to party, she always put the mafia first and all her other important stuff. As she was pondering about her decision she heard a knock on her office door "Come in." She said. The door opened and behind the door was Namjoon, one of her most trusted people. Namjoon comes in "I can't believe you actually agreed to go with Jihyo to the bar." He says almost as soon as he comes in. Hwasa scoffs "What? She's my best friend, and why didn't you go? It's not like you have anything better to do." Namjoon looks at Hwasa and says "You know Jin wouldn't like that."

Jin was Namjoon's husband, he was a medic in the mafia. Hwasa admired their relationship as they were inseparable, she always wanted love like that but all her attempts to find it always failed.

"And what made you want to go anyways?You're not a partier." He says and Hwasa immediately stiffens. "Is it because of him?" Namjoon asks, trying not to anger her. Hwasa looks away and nods "I've been so stressed lately and I guess for the first time I wanted a break." She simply says and Namjoon nods "You know, you can always talk to us when you feel down." Hwasa smiles and looks at him "I know, I've doing it for the last 8 years," Hwasa then quickly gets off the desk and says "Now get to work, you've wasted enough time already." Namjoon smiles and replies with a sarcastic"Ok, boss!" He leaves the office not forgetting to lock the door.

Time Skip-Hwasa POV-

"Starlit Bar?" I turn to look and Jihyo "I know, the name isn't the best but this place has a 5-star review." She says and I scowl "This better be worth my time, Jihyo" Jihyo chuckles and says "Trust me it will."

As we enter the place my eyes immediately go to the bar "Let's get some drinks." I say over the loud music, Jihyo nods. We make our way to the bar and the bartender greets us "Hello, what would you like?" I look and Jihyo and she says "One shot of whiskey." The bartender hums and looks at me "And you?" I shake my head "Nothing, I'm good." She sighs and says "Coming right up."

The bartender soon returns with the shot glass and gives it to Jihyo "Thank you." Jihyo says. I groan "This is boring Jihyo." I say, Jihyo rolls her eyes "That's because you haven't seen Diamond before." I look at her "Who the fuck is Diamond?" She gasps "How come you haven't heard of her? It's probably cause you don't know how to have fun." I glare at her and say "Jihyo don't push it." She chuckles nervously but continues "Diamond is the most popular stripper in this bar. She's also the best dancer if I say so myself." I scoff "Why is her name even Diamond anyways?" She shrugs "I don't know, they say it's because she doesn't want her identity to be revealed." I scoff again, 'why be a stripper when you want to hide everything about you?' I think

Suddenly the light dims and changes to a purple color. The music also changes and my eyes dart to the stage, Jihyo nudged my shoulder and says "That's her." I look back to the stage to see a woman with a mask walking up the stage. And immediately everyone in the bar claps, when the claps subsided she began dancing. I was mesmerized by her dancing and how beautiful she looked even though her face was covered by a mask.

I smirked when she body rolled and soon enough me and her made eye contact. I saw her shudder and I smirked even more. The performance ended faster than I thought it would and everyone clapped even me.

As she was walking off the stage she turned to look at me again, I saw she shuddered again when she made eye contact with me. She quickly went off the stage. After she went off the stage I said something I thought I would never say.

"I want her."

-

MoonlitChaeng