Memory Blocking

"Agent Lu, did you get the device."

"Affirmative Agent Sole, it's in my watch as we speak."

"Do you know its purpose?"

"Hypnosis, the man responsible was trying to make a lethal army. They tried to hide it by giving it to a rookie but im smarter than that and went straight for him. Ive sent you a picture of the commander, he's sure to be our next target."

"The man you got this weapon from?"

I hesitated before answering in a clear, strong voice. "Dead, sir."

"No worries, he was working for the wrong team. You did what you had to do."

I stared out the window. I didn't want Mark to see the Brave, Fearless, Powerful, fifteen year olds eyes glass over.

"Right sir, that's exactly right." I muttered before throwing the head piece on the ground.

May gave my shoulder a sympathetic squeeze before returning her attention back to, what she would think, breath taking scenery. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't be distracted easily by trees.

The water bubbled under my fingertips as I stoked it gently. Fish came up curiously to nibble on my fingers, but darted away at the slightest movement. I sifted through the sand at the bottom of the pond, watching it seep through my nimble fingers and settle gently back down. This was my happy place, it was where I could come and think without being disturbed. No one came in this room except me, because they know that I would kick their asses. It was my room and my room only.

I lifted up my jean legs and placed my legs in the cool aqua water. Gentle ripples caressed my legs while I attempted to block the memories of the burning man from my mind. I pulled my gun out from my pocket and examined it. I was determined never to use it, the only exception was emergencies, and it would have to be a lifeline.

 I sighed in frustration as I set the gun down on the cold marble ground of the C.I.A base. The base was my home, well, the most to a home that I'd ever had anyway.  I was an orphan and The General had taken me in when I was a baby. Apparently, he's the closest thing I have to family and he's not even related to me. He's my godfather and was planning to send me off to boarding school as soon as I was old enough but discovered some kick ass talent in me and decided to delay those plans. He made sure only the finest of agents trained me and now, only four years after my talent was discovered, some of the world's top assassins are hunting me down before I get them. The General knows not to worry about me. Im fifteen years old and one of the best agents in the world.