Day 4 Hot Cocoa

Written By TheStrangeClaireBean

Nino's POV

"I don't know how you do it, Alya," I hum in contentment as I sip her famous peppermint hot cocoa. "This is the best cocoa I've ever had."

She holds out a peppermint candy cane. "Tastes better if you stir it with this."

I take a seat on the couch stirring my cocoa and Alya snuggles up next to me. I pull a fluffy blanket over top of us and we watch the snow fall outside.

"I can't think of anything more beautiful than a snow storm," she admits.

"I can," I blurt.

Alya turns to look at me with surprise in her eyes.

"I-I mean there's sunsets, the ocean, roses... and..." I trail off feeling self conscious under her gaze.

I haven't yet found a way to ask her out...

"And?" Alya asks in a breathless voice.

"You," I whisper, desperately hoping she couldn't hear me.

Not a moment had passed before Alya's breath catches in her throat. I swear I saw her blush before a teasing grin appears on her face.

She sets down her cocoa and turns to face me, nearly sitting on my lap.

Her thumb brushes across my bottom lip. My breathing shallows and my heart pounds in my chest.

"What about me is beautiful, Nino?" She whispers. "Is it my hair? My eyes? How about my my tanned skin?"

I stare at her silence by her tempting words.

My eyes travel to her lips as she speaks. So completely soft and kissable.

"Or maybe it's more than that? How about my laugh? Or my smile?" she interrogates as her finger draws circles on my chest.

I'm so frozen with shock that I'm starting to think she's poisoned me with paralysis.

"What about my voice? Maybe my cooking?" She studies me for a moment and I dont think it's even possible for me to blush any more than I already am.

But then she draws closer, my head spins, and I'm certain I've been drugged. Yes, Alya Cesaire is a drug that I'm entirely addicted to.

"Is it my lips that are beautiful, Nino?"

My eyes snap to her and my body stiffens.

Alya smiles and her nose brushes mine.

"Do you want to kiss me, Nino?"

I nod dumbly and Alya smirks.

"Eager are we?"

"I uhm... kiss?" I mumble feeling completely at a loss for words.

Alya's arms rest on my shoulders and somehow I find the confidence to wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer.

When our lips meet it's like a dream, no, better than a dream.

The taste of the cocoa lingers on her lips and the only word I can use to describe how it tastes is excitement.