Day 9 Late Nights

Written by ThestrangeClaireBean (right around now is when we ended up skipping chapters here and there)

We had finally gotten the chance to have a date night.

Granted we were at home, in our living room, with the twins camped out in their bedroom down the hall.

I take a seat silently after putting them back to bed for the seventh time that night.

It was already past one AM when we finally got the bottle of wine open.

Alya snuggled into my side with a long sigh as she sipped her red wine.

"I don't understand how Adrien and Mari survive with three kids, two hamsters, two cats, and kittens on the way." She mumbled, earning a snort on my end.

"I wouldn't survive. I mean I love Ellie and Mikie but they've definitely gotten a little crazy the past few months. You know I finally understand the meaning of terrible twos."

"I know what you mean. The whole discovery of crayons and walls has had me scrubbing for days." Alya groaned.

"I think I have Ellie's screams ingrained in my mind." I paused for a moment to take a sip. "You know there are a lot of good things about our kids too."

"Like their giggles." Alya chirped.

"Their hugs are pretty great too," I added.

"I love Mikie's curiosity for reading and learning." Alya pointed out.

"Not to mention for a two year old Ellie is already showing promise to become a great musician. She talks all the time about playing the cello when she's older."

"Ohh! Did I tell you the kids and I made finger paintings the other day?" Alya asked.

I raised my eyebrows in question.

"No, It was great. I swear Nino. We made deer and bunnies with our hands and feet. It was so adorable." Alya sighed and I wrapped my arm around her. "They were such cute babies too. I miss my baby snuggles." Alya yawned and set down her glass. She closed her eyes and I followed her lead.

"Yeah, me too..." I yawned.

Just as I nodded off to sleep I heard Alya mumble.

"I want another baby, Nino."