walk. i

jacob barber and y/n l/n went to the same school. they were two different people. they knew each other, had some classes together, but they never really talked. they weren't close enough to be considered "friends".

but y/n had always wanted to be jacob's friend. she thought he was interesting. sure, he did look quite intimidating but that made her want to know him more.

jacob always walked to school. well, sometimes laurie would drive him there but most of the time he'd like to walk. it isn't that far from his house and he likes the time he gets alone, with his music and his thoughts.

but this started to change when y/n started to walk to school as well.

if y/n wanted to get to know jacob, she should start then. it would be easy to catch up with him when he walks to school since their houses are near each other.

jacob was walking to school, the usual. he had his blue earphones on as he listened to his playlist, his favorite playlist. he always had the volume up since no one would bother him whenever he walked to school.

" jacob! " he heard. jacob was a bit startled since that doesn't usually happen when he walked.

and there she was, y/n. running to jacob barber, then stopping to catch her breath.

jacob just rolled his eyes and continued to walk.

" hey! wait up! " y/n called out.

jacob was kind of annoyed, what did she want from him? he didn't know her that much so why was she going to walk with him?

y/n eventually caught up with jacob and started to walk beside him.

" so, hi. i'm y/n and you may or may not know me since we have a few classes together. "

jacob didn't answer. he just listened to his music and continued to walk.

" so, you're not the type to talk? "

jacob, again, didn't reply. instead he wondered why the hell this girl was talking to him.

" that's okay i understand. "

y/n decided to stay quiet since jacob seemed uninterested in having a conversation. it was quite awkward, but at the same time it wasn't. after a while, they got to the school.

" alright, i gotta go. see you around, jacob! " y/n said before heading to class.

she finally left him alone. jacob was somehow relieved since he didn't have to deal with her anymore. maybe it was mean? he was just startled since it was so sudden that she started talking to him. he never really knew her anyway.

this will have a part 2 btw :)