our song.

y/n knew everything about jacob barber.....

or so she thought.

well, y/n knew almost everything except this one thing. she never knew if jacob had a talent. sure he was good at school and a bunch of things but she never was quite sure on what he excelled at. she'd never seen him do a "talent" before.

whenever she asked if he had a talent, he'd just shrug and say " i don't know ".

it bothered y/n for some reason. he IS jacob, there's gotta be talent in that boy.

y/n was coming over to jacob's this one day. his parents weren't home and jacob didn't want to be alone ( or maybe that was just an excuse so she would be with him. ) so he invited her over.

y/n got to the door and knocked, waiting for jacob to answer. after knocking a couple of times, she got confused and slowly turned the knob, only to find out the door hadn't been locked. maybe jacob forgot to lock it.

" hello? jake, are you here? " y/n called out.

she slowly made her way upstairs and heard something from jacob's room.

she heard.....a guitar?

she went closer to listen.

" if heaven and hell decide
that they both are satisfied
and illuminate the no's
on their vacancy signs "

jacob was playing guitar...and he was singing?
his soft voice made it more soothing. god, she could listen to him sing all day.
not to mention the fact that he was singing her favorite song. their favorite song. the song that comforted the both of them. the song that was the only thing that could make them calm down when they were both crying with each other.

y/n carefully opened the door, quiet enough to not let jacob know she was there.

" if there's no one beside you
when your soul embarks "

" then i'll follow you into the dark " y/n finished for jacob.

he was surprised to see her there. slightly embarrassed too.

" y/n y-you uhm you're h-here you heard m-me ohmygod i— "

" jacob, that was great! you never told me you could sing that well? "

" i don't think i s-sing that well "

" what?! well maybe not the best but your voice is just fucking perfect for that song! you chose our song! " y/n was suddenly shocked at her choice of words. our song.

" our song? " jacob questioned, standing up.

" i-uh yeah? i mean. you know how much we connect with that song right? " y/n said slightly blushing.

jacob gently placed his guitar on his bed and walked closer to her.

he gently placed his lips onto her's.

as they pulled away, jacob smiled.
" our song. "

" you know barber, you should serenade
me more. " y/n said jokingly.

" will do, my love. " he replied and kissed her cheek.

" but next time, before you enter my room, knock. because it fucking scares me. "

if you guys have
any requests or ideas on what
i could write about please do
tell!! :))