Chapter 8 at the beach

"Julia please, can we talk?" Liam asked as he caught up with her at the bus stop. It has been a week since the photo was uploaded and a full week of crying her heart out as she tried to stay out of Liam's radar. 

"What is there to talk about? It was clear you have those pictures to humiliate me. Making me appear easy and slutty, and not only that I have to delete my account so your girlfriends and fans out there will stop harassing me online." She said when he finally caught up with her. 

"Julia I didn't upload the photos, I swear," Liam said. "If you only have taken my calls I would have explained everything to you by now," Liam said as he holds her arm. 

"Can we get in my car please so we can go somewhere where there are no prying eyes around," Liam pleaded. 

Julia remembered what her mom suggested so she agreed. After days of hurting herself maybe talking to Liam about it all, will finally give her peace.

Liam didn't talk while he was maneuvering the car, so to break the silence she reached for the radio to switch it on. "Is it okay?" she asked. 

"Yes, please do". Liam answered.

Julia was searching for a station when she realized that she didn't really know him. So when she stopped at a certain station playing pop songs she turned to look at him. 

"That's fine I like that station too," Liam said. 

She noticed that Liam didn't stop at the mall but turned instead towards the beachfront cafes. The cafes were full but they managed to get a seat outside of the cafe where they can fully enjoy the view of the beach.

Liam put their order on the table and once they are seated he looked at her and said. "Maybe we should eat first then talk later?"

Julia wasn't expecting that so without looking at him she nodded her head and started to eat her share. But when she looked up she saw that Liam was looking at her and was not touching his food. She enquired why with her eyes as she looked at him.

"I'm not really that hungry, and watching you eat is enough to make me sated and full," Liam said without smiling but his eyes are saying something else. 

"Gosh Liam, don't you have a better line than that?" she queried as she took a bite of her moist chocolate cake. "You said that every time at the cafeteria." 

"Yes and every time you will always get my fries and my coke from me," Liam said and by that time Julia was already laughing and trying to reach for his fries which Liam tried to stay out of her reach. 

"You know you are really beautiful when you smile". Liam said suddenly as she was sipping the last of her coffee. She almost chokes on his words. 

"Liam truly stop," she said. But Liam just smiled as he stood up and reached out for her hand. 

"Shall we walk along the shore as we talk about the pictures and about us?" Liam said. 

"Talk about us" was all Julia could hear. Is it possible that Liam wanted a real relationship with her? Her heart was beating inside her chest as she stood up and take his hand. She admits though that she missed him. He was being annoying but somehow she missed his smile and his dimples when he will start to display his antics like making a show when he will give the chocolates during their math class. Holding her to him when he walked her to the bus stop, although it had always irritated her when he snaked his arm around her waist. 

The sun has started to set when they walk along the shore. Liam holding her hand, he guided her away from the tourist path. She looked at their hands entwined as they walked. Liam was quiet and she doesn't want to break the silence. She looked around her and see other couples who are also enjoying each other's company. She looked at Liam and wondered what he is thinking at that moment too. 

Finally Liam stopped. They were already far from where they have started and the place is almost isolated. This part of the shoreline is narrow and structures like cafes and restaurants do not allow for such build without destroying the natural ecosystem and bulldozing the cliffs above them. 

"Okay, I think now that you should start talking and please no more of your cheesy lines," she said taking her hand from him. But Liam didn't release her hand instead he pulled her to him. 

"I know I was acting foolish these past few weeks and all I did was irritate or annoy you which I love doing by the way," Liam said showing her his dimples on both sides of his cheeks. 

Julia heatedly stared at him as she looked for a place to sit down. A flattened rock was all she could see so she sat on it while Liam chose to sit on the sand facing her. 

"But I didn't ask my friends to take that picture and upload it on Facebook. But one thing I'm guilty of and I admit, I didn't ask them to take it down because we do look good together in those pictures," Liam said cheekily. 

There Julia knew that it was helpless to take Liam seriously. And the pictures meant nothing to him. Maybe she should too take his example too.