Our Little Maya - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - OLM

Dedicated to: xibelieben1Dx Because: The Summer of Harry was so well written and I cried so hard, read it all in one day and it took me like 40 minutes to read through the last chapter and the epilogue because I couldn't see through my tears, whether they were tears of joy or of sorrow, I won't say. Read it. Only way you can figure it out :)

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

I looked up at my phone, vibrating it's way across the counter.

I looked back down at my hands, one covered in chocolate cake batter, the other covered in funfetti cake batter. Hey, don't judge me. Baking gets a little out of control for me.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

"Hey Jen, could you get that?" I shouted, hoping she'd hear.

"Sure," she yelled back before sliding across the hardwood floor in her socks. She grabbed my phone, looked at it, then gave me a weird look.

"Who the hell is 'The Sexiest Man Alive,' " she asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Just answer it," I rolled my eyes, waiting for her reaction.

"Hey, this is Jen on Meg's phone! She's... um... preoccupied? Yeah, she's preoccupied. With whom am I speaking?" I laughed at her greeting. 'Put it on speaker!' I mouthed to her. She did and gave me a thumbs up. I looked over her shoulder to check on Maya, who was currently curled up on the couch watching Dora.

"Vamanos, let's go!" She mumbled under her breath and I laughed.

"Umm... hey... this is Harry Styles..." Harry mumbled over the phone and I doubled over in laughter. "Megan, I can here you laughing," he muttered uncomfortably which just made me laugh harder and I literally fell to the floor laughing.

"What was that," he asked.

"Oh, that was just Meg falling to the floor in laughter because you're weirded out and my face is all like, 'Whaaa?' 'cause I'm really confused as to why you are calling her and why your contact name is 'The Sexiest Man Alive,' " Jen joked, rolling her eyes.

"Oh..." Oh Harry, never knowing what to say in an awkward situation. "Good ol' Meg, I guess..."

"So... you know Meg? How?"

"Jen, this isn't really the time for thi-"

"Shut up, Meg, let the sexy man speak!"

"Jen, you're so weird," I laughed.

"I try," she joked. "Um hi? Still here. Still sexy." Harry butted in to our banter.

"Yes, yes you are," Jen joked in an extremely seductive voice.

"Uh... okay," Harry muttered, unsure of how to respond.

"Well I know Megan from when she dated Zayn," Harry added. Jen's eyes widened.

"Holy shit! You dated Zayn Malik?!" she shouted at me. "Meaning, he's the fa-"

"Jen!" I shouted, cutting her off. Her mouth formed an 'o' when she realized what she almost said. I'd told her that my ex's friends hadn't known I was pregnant when I left. Of course I hadn't mentioned that my ex was Zayn or that his friends that I spoke of were the rest of One Direction. She's so going to kill me later.

"Um... well I feel like I'm interrupting something... so... call me later, Megan? Kay, bye," Harry muttered.

"Bye," I laughed.

"Bye, Mr. Sexy," Jenny joked.

"Uh bye," he muttered, embarrassed, before there was a click and the call was ended. I looked at Jen and she looked right back at me.

We burst out laughing. I had gotten off the floor at this point and it took all my strength to keep myself from falling back down as my body shook with laughter. I then realized I was making an even bigger mess with the cake batter dripping off my hands.

Maya skipped in smiling but stopped to look at us warily. I swear, she's more mature than I am sometimes.

"Mummy! You're making a mess," she chastised me.

"Sorry, sweetie. I'll clean it up," I said, giving her a grin.

"Okay! When do I get my present?"

"After I learn how to make a cake," I laughed.

"Mummm," she whined.

"Mayaaa," I mimicked her tone.

"It's not that hard to make a cake!"

"Well... for me it is," I joked while she just giggled adorably.

A/N

(again, not editing the a/n, read if you dare, I'm not even going to read it.)

Okay, I know I suck. And this is extremely short. But I have A TON going on right now and I don't have much time to think about this story. Maybe I can write some on Sunday/Monday I don't know.

I had more to this chapter but I am only confident enough about this part. I may go back and change the whole thing I don't know... But this is the best I can do for now.

Sorry if you were looking for a funny author's note... I have a 73 in English and everything I'm missing has to be turned in by TOMORROW soooo yeah.

And I'll probably go back and edit/revise this soon...

Oh. Also, it'd be really nice if anyone who has the time could comment/vote? I might update more then ;D *WINK* *WINK* Sooo yeah I would really appreciate it if you would vote and comment...

Okay is it just me or does the whole "PG-13" thing make no sense for these things??? Like I get that it shows how "mature" (lol) the content is but "Parents Stringly Cautioned?" Like, what??? Yes; I require that all of you out there have a parent with you while reading my story. No. That's just stupid hahaha.