FT: What if Billie Lurk's girlfriend (Deidre) didn't die?

An interesting Idea. One thing's for certain, if Billie didn't kill Radanis Abele, Luca Abele's brother, then she wouldn't have been wanted. But the question would be, would she have joined the Whalers then? Or would she have become a ship captain instead? Or maybe both she and Deirdre would have joined? It's interesting thinking about it.

I personally think she wouldn't have joined the Whalers. From what little we know about her, it seems Deirdre brought out the best in Billie. In a adiograph, Billie mentions that "she's all that kept me from the bottom of the river." This shows that Deirdre was her voice of reason, and even if Billie did still witness Daud's assassination that one night, I think Deirdre would have been able to convince Billie that joining a gang of assassins isn't the best thing, and Billie would have continued to live with Deridre happily. Heck, in her adiolog about Deirdre, she mentioned that "I could sleep on a pile of garbage under a leaky awning as long as she was with me, sharing a tin of potted meat or a bottle of brandy that we nicked during the day." Which means that as long as she was with her, Billie was satisfied and happy. I mean, granted, eventually they'd have wanted more, but Billie always wanted to be a sea captain, so I think with Deirdre at her side, she'd have fulfilled that dream rather than join Daud's Whalers.

And with that, I shall end it by sharing a link to where you can listen to the audiograph it self and read the transcript! Hope you all enjoyed and I'd like to know if you think Billie would have still joined the Whalers or not.

https://dishonored.fandom.com/wiki/Losing_Deidre...