HC: Random "Facts" about the Outsider

Firstly, yes, of course we gotta discuss his smell, Billie Lurk's #1 question. "What does he smell like?" Well, I agree with this head canon that it's incense and the sea. And maybe there is a small tinge of whale oil, but we can't be certain unless someone explicitly says what he smells like.

I think The Outsider participated in the ritual willingly. I think he was manipulated, probably fed and pampered by the cultists for a while, followed them into the Void and only when they tied him down and he saw them bringing the blade towards his throat did he realize what their intentions was and he began to struggle and scream but it was too late.

I think the Lonely Rat Boy reminded him of himself, a past that is just a small haze, and that made him have pity and that is why he marked him.

In fact, I think everyone he marked, one way or another, reminded him of himself. For he marks those who are outcasts of society (Daud, Granny Rags and the Lonely Rat Boy) and those who have been betrayed (Corvo, Delilah, Emily). 

He wanted to die, he didn't expect Billie to actually save him from the Void, but I think he is happier to be alive and regain the life that was taken.