02

please ignore the mistakes. enjoy!

||; from the eyes of the cold night
i try to hide myself
as i keep tossing and turning..

-

"gguk-ah, wake up. it's time for dinner" jin softly nudge his brother, wanting him to wake up to have dinner with him. jeongguk groaned from his sleep, mumbling five more minutes to his hyung which made the older's eyebrow rose.

"open your eyes, young man. we're going to eat dinner. it's night time, idiot" the older rolled his eyes, warning jeongguk to come downstairs immediately or else he would eat all the lamb skewers he prepared. the younger's eyes abruptly opened at the mention of his favorite food. he quickly heads to his bathroom, washing his face with water to wipe off the sleep on his system. he went downstairs and joined his hyung in the diner.

the older serve him the food, which he instantly devour.

"how was the school?" jin questioned his brother after drinking from his glass of water. jeongguk however halted on his moves, thinking if he should answer his brother with his usual remark. of course, he would ask about it. he shrugged off.

"the usual, boring." he answered, earning a sharp look from his jin. he internally sighs for he knew what's the other will going to say afterward.
another scolding.

jin placed down his chopsticks, "yah, i told you to take your college seriously" he said, voice serious with no hint of any humor.

this time, jeongguk looked up to his hyung and he can't help but feel slight guilt inside of him. he would feel this every time they would talk about his school. he knew his brother is working hard just to give the younger what he needs. but hear him out, school really doesn't excite him except his art class.

"i'm sorry hyung. but that's what i feel. only the art class earned my interest" he answered truthfully. at least for him, his brother knows that school is really lame for his liking. only his brother, friends and art motivates him to attend the university.

a sigh came out from jin's mouth. he figured out that's what his brother will be going to answer, what did he expect? well, something like "it's nice. i found it enjoying now" even if it's impossible.

"you can't just focus your whole college life on arts, jeongguk. there is stuff that you need to learn too aside from it. you are not any kid now, you've grown enough to understand that you need to be responsible for what you're doing" seokjin stated, though voice soft and careful not to hurt his brother with his words. he just wants jeongguk to understand that sooner or later, he would have to stand on his own without the guide from him or his parents.

jeongguk takes all the older's words on his brain but he knew nothing would change on how he views attending the university. he just nodded to what his hyung is saying, not wanting to appear rude in front of him. he understands where his hyung words coming from. he understands why he's scolding him. he understands him. but he wants his brother to understand him too.

"i'm sorry. i'll try next time" is what he said after excusing himself to walked upstairs, heading to his comfort zone. no one knew if he will really try, though he wished he would.

____

friday came. this day is what the other students are waiting for every weekday. who would not? friday means the last day of school each week. friday means there are no classes tomorrow which gave the other students a chance to enjoy the weekends. by enjoying means some of them would go partying, some would go shopping with their friends, some would enjoy bonding with their family while some would enjoy two days in their room, sleeping, and eating. for jeongguk? friday means nothing. it's just another boring day. but still thankful for he could paint on weekends.

while walking on the hall heading to his class, he can feel the look from some of the students standing there, gossiping or whatever.

"oh here's the famous jeon. so hot"
"how can he look so good on a simple gray shirt?"
"hot. he's really hot"

he's not surprised hearing those words, though. let's say that he's famous because of his godly looks, being a disobedient student just adds up to his popularity. they think "it's cool and that's what the bad boy usually does." he let them think whatever they want to think. as long as no one dares to confront him for what the others are thinking about him, then he has no problem with it .

he walked into his english-literature class, thankful that his professor isn't there yet. he sat on his usual seat near the window so he could daydream, of course.
other students eventually walked into the classroom, now waiting for their professor to arrive. after a couple of minutes, the young professor finally came.

"good morning, sorry for being late. something just came up" their professor- professor kim- said while unintentionally knocking off the books placed on his table. he mumbled an apology and fixed his eyeglass, then faced the students in front of him.

majority of the girls really admired professor kim. he's young and single. he's smart and can talk to you with fluent english diction. he's tall with cute dimples on his cheeks that made the other girls giggle whenever it will show up. he's really a good-looking professor. mr. kim namjoon is closed to the said word 'perfection'. however, at his age, he's really clumsy and can break things easily. a minus point? not really.

"good morning again, shall i start the lesson?" he asked, earning a yes from his students. he nodded, ordering them to bring out their book.

____

after his english-literature class, jeongguk made his way to his locker. contemplating if should he attend the music class or just ditch it. he decided to do the latter, and head towards the art studio where they could paint or draw anytime. jeongguk is glad that the university has it. at least.

what made him glad even more is that not so many students visit the studio. sometimes it was only him who mostly visit the place. students in the university are not too fond of arts, they're onto dance or academics. their life is boring and probably sucks is what he thought about their taste or hobby.

entering the art studio, he noticed that there's no one inside. of course because it's the class hour. the younger smiled a little, finding his unfinished artwork on the corner of the room. he placed his bag on the seat and picked up his canvas. he set up the tools and started immersing himself in his type of world.

//+

; your views, comments, and votes really motivate me to write this book. thank you for reading and i hope you'll continue supporting this book 🖤
more reads and votes to come hopefully! i also love reading your comments so feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section!

• don't forget to vote and leave a comment!