The Jet

Cassidy's P.O.V

It was a typical day as an x-men. We went on missions every now and again (crime wasn't that big in this city) and were back at the X-mansion before dinner time. I was wearing my tight blue x-men suit with my curly light brown hair in a braid that went just below my shoulders. "Man I need a haircut", I thought to myself. I glanced at my nails. They looked longer and the pretty purple paint that was on them was chipped and worn down. I made a mental note that I needed to cut and repaint them. I remembered where I was and snapped back to life. "Focus Cassidy, Focus. You're in a fight against Apocalypse" We were currently on a mission to stop this powerful mutant named Apocalypse from taking over the universe, you know, the kind of missions we normally do.

I was standing next to Kurt,( he was our most recent mutant, whom we just saved from cage fighting not to long ago) poised when I saw it. The x-jet, or as it was named, "Blackbird" was now crashing fast into the ground with one of apocalypse's four horsemen inside. At that moment, my world went still and I could only focus on the jet. I knew I had to save whoever was in there.

I immediately ask Kurt to teleport inside of the plane and rescue whoever was inside. In all honesty, I wasn't sure why I asked him to do that. It was simply an instinct. However, I also knew that even though that the person that was in the plane was on the wrong side, I would always feel guilty knowing that I would have seen them die and not try to do anything about it. 

Not try to save them, whoever they may be. 

A moment later I saw who I asked Kurt to rescue. He was a tall boy who seemed to be about my age, maybe a year older or so, with short blond curly hair in a sort of fro-hawk style and the most piercing green eyes anybody had ever seen. Not to mention hundreds of tiny freckles around his cheeks and under-eye areas as well as on his nose. His skin pale. I could tell he was of Irish heritage.

Though his facial features stood out, the most interesting and immediate thing I saw about him was his huge silver metal wings. 

He took a long look at me, and for a good minute or so we made eye contact. He nodded as a sort of gesture of thanks, then he flew off with his huge metal wings to a place nearby to hide and get away from the fight. "Good," I thought. "Now I can keep him out of my thoughts." I shook my head trying to get rid of him from my mind. Despite my efforts, I could only think about him for the rest of the mission.

After the fight against Apocalypse and his horsemen was over, I joined the other x-men (Jean, Mystique, Scott, Kurt, Beast, and Jubilee) in a hug. We were all crying and laughing at the same time. That was our hardest battle yet! All the hard work and training over the months has finally paid off.

Even though the other x-men used their powers, I used hand to hand combat instead of my powers during this mission because I didn't want them to get out of hand in the fight and lose control of my powers. I didn't want my friends to ever get hurt. That is why I trained alone. My mind shuddered at the thought of all the possibilities of what could happen if I lost control of my powers and something went wrong. No matter if it was in a mission or not, I could never hurt the ones I love. 

I snap back to reality and ask Jubilee, who's my one of my best friends, what were the plans for the next few hours. "Mystique told us as a reward we could go to the mall and hang out there for an hour or so, wanna do that?" she asked, with a smile on her face, her head now tilted slightly. Like me, she wore the same Tight Blue x-men suit, but she had her wavy raven black hair in two high pigtails. Green and pink shadow with bold black mascara and eyeliner on and around her eyes popped against her tan skin. Jubilee was really into the current fashion trends and always knew what outfit and makeup looks were in style. Being that is was 1983, the looks that she was wearing with her hair and makeup was definitely popular. "Sounds like fun! Sure" I said with a genuine smile. I definitely needed something to clear my head right then. Not only was I mentally, emotionally, and physically drained from the fight with Apocalypse, I needed to get my mind off of the boy I had Kurt save earlier. But deep down, deep deep down, there was a part of me that wanted to find out exactly where he was hiding, talk to him, and find out more about him. Whoever he was.

                                                                           Warren's P.O.V

After that girl had that Night-crawler guy save me from death via plane crash, whoever she was, I had millions of questions dancing in my mind. the main ones being specifically:

Why did that girl save me?

Who was she?

and in my opinion, most importantly:

Would I ever see her again?

I was walking down the street, getting glances and stares from pedestrians nearby. I couldn't tell if they were staring at my suit or huge wings, or both. I saw some black skinny jeans and a pair of white high-top Chuck Taylor's that were both luckily my size on a park bench and grabbed those to change into. Through all of that I kept thinking about that girl. I had to get her, whoever she was, out of my mind. The last thing that I needed was a nagging thought in my head that would distract me. From my own experience, the most important person you need to look out for is yourself. Or else, you'll end up in...no...

I didn't want to think about all those years spent in cages being forced to fight for survival like a pack of hungry savage wolves. Knowing that they'd severely torture or even kill you if you didn't fight, or win. I don't know about the countless mutants I've fought or even killed but I no longer wanted to use my wings for cage fighting. I only wanted to use my wings to do whatever I wanted, to fly above the clouds and feel like for once the world was mine. To feel like nothing could stop me and know that for once in my life, everything is gonna be alright.

The nearby chatter of two girls walking by the mall snapped me out of my thoughts and back to reality, I needed somewhere to hide, and fast. Over the ways I saw an abandoned warehouse, my abandoned warehouse. The same one where Apocalypse and the other horsemen first met me and where my normal beautiful white feather wings were turned into silver metal ones. Damn how I missed my old wings. I shook my head, my conscience was saying "No Warren, those wings were too damaged for you to fly. You may not be a horseman anymore but you should appreciate the new wings Apocalypse has give you." I nodded in agreement with my conscience. Besides, I flew better with these silver ones. I decided to go to the warehouse where I knew I wouldn't be found or disturbed. I found myself running down the street and with full force I jumped off the ground and felt the fierce flapping of my wings.

Before I knew it, with the wind behind my back, well, wings, I was flying in the air to my own personal refuge. Once I got there, I flew down and opened the two big wooden doors and walked inside. I looked up at the support beams and saw my things just as I left them. I smiled and flew up to them and put on some good old fashioned classic rock to jam out to. I was soon listening to greatest hits by Queen. I drank a sip of beer from a half-empty bottle nearby, closed my eye, and smiled. 

Everything would be fine.

But then she walked in.

- end of chapter

Hey guys!

thank's alot for reading this chapter!

I am fairly new to wattpad and i hope that you enjoyed this :D

Btw, if you have any recommendations for new fanfiction or feedback overall for this i'd love to see it

And any experienced wattpad users if y'all have any advice with fanfiction or story writing i'd love to hear it as well! 

thanks alot guys!