chapter one

2 MONTHS AGO

NA POV

You were always seemingly second so this was no shock to you. You looked through his phone, tears cascading down your flushed cheeks. Your boyfriend of four years, Jake, was just heading to the bathroom and you noticed that he got a text from the dentist so you were curious. Turns out he was talking to other people on the side. You were absolutely devastated.

After reading the messages while crying, you got up from the couch and ran up to your shared room. Grabbing your black duffel bag, you start stuffing all of your belongings into the bag. Suddenly, you hear Jake calling for you from downstairs,

"YN?"

He kept calling your name; it sounded like nails on a chalkboard to you. Eventually, he came upstairs and saw what you were doing. He looked shocked.

"What the fuck is going on," he announced, "Why are you packing your stuff up?"

You look at him, but he's blurred out because of the tears diminishing your vision. He saw your face and instantly knew. His face dropped, "YN... I promise it's not what you think..." You retorted, "What is it than Jake, please enlighten me. Why? I can't believe you." Jake was at a loss for words, stuttering over himself, "We-well, you see..."

You glared deadly into his eyes, "That's exactly what I thought,"

PRESENT TIME

YN POV

I was finally financially stable enough to live on my own. I'd always dreamed of living in the quaint Connecticut countryside. Pulling up to the house I had bought, I look upon the hill to see a large white house. "Cute," I thought to myself.

My house was located more towards the center of town because It'd be more convenient for me because I got a job at a record store in the middle of town. As my wheels drove across the gravel driveway, I got my first look at my "new" house. It was cute, the outside was a creme color. It was a classic small run-down Cape Cod style home. It was a one-story house with two dormers on it; the front door was a bright red. I parked the car in the driveway and turned it off. Forgetting to pause my music, Lana Del Rey starts blasting from my phone. I quickly snap out of my daze and pick up my phone and press pause. I slipped my phone into my pocket and got out of my car.

I took in a breath of the fresh, crisp air and smiled. I was so ready for this fresh start.

I used to live near cities, so all of this fresh air and openness was new to me. I mean I've been to the countryside but never lived here. I was so excited but yet still in complete and utter despair...

A/N

hi! sorry this is kinda short! aha. anyways, i just wanted to ease into it so that's why it's like that.

hopefully, you're excited for what's to come!