Leave Before the Lights Come on

People often go home at the end of a tough week of work to romantic dinners, relaxation, and other general niceties. What do I get? A big fat ugly letter emblazoned 'EVICTION NOTICE' stuck smack bang on my front door.

I let out a groan at the sight, I hadn't even been living here three months and already I was getting the boot. Might have something to do with me being a tiny bit late paying rent, or might be due to the fact the landlords a massive twat. I reckon the latter seems more appropriate.

After having a small breakdown, worrying about where I would go now? How would I survive if I was forced to become homeless? Just the normal questions you ask yourself, I decided "Fuck it". If this is one of my last days spent in this shit part of London, in this shit flat, i'm going to go out, get drunk, dance, and get fucked.

And that's what I did, clad in all black with feline eyes I slammed the door so hard the hinges probably broke. Proceeding to head down to Soho.

Town for the most part was dead quiet, bar for the lairy homeless men shouting obscenities at me, and the few football 'lads' still out trying to get into various pubs or start fights in the street.

It had been quiet all week really, loads of people were worried about the news about the virus, nothing was official yet but I was sure it was just a btec flu and people were just overreacting. Surely if it was that bad, clubs wouldn't still be open, not that I want to jinx anything.

I got settled at the bar, I knew the boy bartending as Jamie, a friend of a friend. I quickly overshared my day from hell and he shone me a sympathetic smile, insisting I got free drinks courtesy of my shit situation. I thanked him graciously, bowing my hands in gratitude.

"Ey think yous have caught someone's eye over there lass" his geordie accent leaking through as he pointed over to a booth in the corner of the dark club. After several cocktails and a few shots my vision was slightly impaired and turning in my chair was seeming to be a bit of a struggle as I nearly fell arse first onto the floor. Regaining my posture I swivelled around and met the eyes of the man across the room.

He was fit, I could tell that for sure, no amount of Sourz was deterring me from that. His hair was sorta Dicaprio-esque and he had nice eyes, from what I could see from the bar. I shot him a smirk and batted my eyes, the same routine i'd done a hundred times before. It would only be a matter of minutes before..

"Alright Love?" An odd voice spoke low in my ear, I turned slightly to see the same lad from the booth taking a seat on the stool beside me. He was keen, and even more fit up close. I smirked softly and took a sip of my drink "I am now" He let out a soft laugh at that, turning to order a drink for us both.

One drink soon turned into five and me and 'Van' were now basically grinding on the scarce dance floor. We'd taken turns chucking pound coins in the jukebox and choosing the most wank feel-good songs. I was currently belting out 'Come on Eileen' when Van took my face in his hands, bending down just enough so that his words sent shivers down my spine.

"Wanna come back to mine love?" A blush coated my cheeks, it was the most basic of pet names yet it send a warmth right down to my abdomen. I nodded, chewing excitedly on my bottom lip, Van let out a grin and soon we were hailing a cab, hands touching everywhere on eachother til the cabbie pulled up.

"Hands" The masked man grunted out, me and Van looked at eachother oddly but gave him our hands regardless and he proceeded to give us hand sanitizer, we shared a muffled giggle as we got situated in the back seat, hands touching feverishly on wherever we could them; waist, hips, hair, jaw. Needless to say I was glad this day could finally get a happy ending.