CHAPTER 1

AXELIA

The joyful atmosphere immediately drops when Maddie shows on the television, holding my photo saying 'She is responsible for Glassman's Death', the deafening laughters turns into a deafening silence as I feel all their eyes on me. Grabbing the remote control, I immediately turn off the television before facing them and smirk....

"The show must go on."

Walking out from the room, I look down to my stomach and caress them feeling the strong kicks from the twins that I am bearing. I went down the basement going straight ahead to the armory workshop, walking fast, ignoring every stare that the workers are giving me.

"Aren't you supposed to be upstairs for dinner?" I say as I walk right past them. "I bet you're all aware that Leyla doesn't want to serve cold foods. If I were you I'll be saving that work for later and grab my dinner rather than starving for the rest of the night."

"But with all due respect Axe, aren't you supposed to be there too? You need to eat too as much as the babies do."

"Don't worry about me, Nicoli already had it fixed." Turning back to face them, crossing me arm. "And I have much more important things to do. I can't let this idea slip away."

Giving them one last look, they were hesitant to do what I said. Slowly they removed their rubber gloves, and aprons as well as the face protectors. They said nothing but to look back at me with a lot of questions in their eyes as they when up. It's been months since I've been here, Linda forbids me to be here for the sulfur like smell from all these weapons might affect the pregnancy.

Wasting no time, I grab everything I need, taking the tools that I can use. Going straight ahead to the Cyborg's section I grab one of the oldest cyborg we have. Switching his power button on, the cyborg then slowly moves.

"Where are you taking me?" He ask me as I push him down to the lab using a wheelchair.

"I'm going to Enhance you."

"But I am already an Enhanced individual. That’s why I am classified as a cyborg because I have bionic parts that humans didn't have and my brain function ranges almost a hundred percent. Does enhancement mean repair for you? Do I have a defect Axelia?"

Stopping in my tracks I stiffly answered, "No." then I push him again until we reached the lab.

"Then what does enhancement mean to you?"

Internally rolling my eyes at him, I just ignore the questions and prepared the reclined seat for him. Motioning him to sit on it he's still hesitant, but I just give him a reassuring look. He knows I'll never harm him. Doing what I want him to do he sit there still looking at me.

"I know right now that you want to bombard me with your questions, but first you need to calm down before I'll tell you what my intentions are."

He just nods and look around the lab, he sees the armors, and the weapons as well as the tools on the table. I know he's figuring out what I am going to do with him.

"You're preparing for a much destructive weapon and to make that happen you want all those things connected to me. In that way I'll have the brain, the strength and the lethal combination." he said as he slowly looks back at me.

"Right." I nod, "You see as the world keeps revolving the technology keeps on evolving. The government already have more of you, since we can't keep up with the number of the cyborgs they have because we can't just randomly operate someone and give them a pair of metal hands in exchange for their lives. We need to change some perspective. Enhancement."