Chapter 2

AXELIA

"You sure we can make this work?" Philip ask me knocking lightly at the metal structure.

We were the only one left inside the workshop. Dad and Peter went up to grab some lunch. Smiling at him I shrug, slowly rising to my feet not saying a word. My stomach is getting heavier, my back keeps aching all the time due to its weight. Smiling to myself as I'm getting all excited because the twins may come out any time soon.

"Not so sure, but we can try testing them in a field." Walking towards the blue print, I absentmindedly trace each detail with my index finger, "Though I am well aware of the AI's History unlike the cyborgs, these things can't think on their own they should be well programmed. If not, then we might create a lethal weapon which will lead us to our deaths. The AI's history a thousand-year ago was a total failure wiping out almost twenty percent of the population, that's why I never thought of it, not until now."

"What makes you change your mind?" Philip ask holding up the gizmos used for the AI's heat signature scanner.

I look all over the room, lightly massaging the back of my neck. "The twins."

"You still call them twins, haven't you thought of their names yet?"

"Hmmm... I have, but I can't decide what suits them. Nicoli wants to name them after Alex but I don't want to, I want my children to be a fresh start for me, for us. And If I name them after her this guilt just won't set me free."

"Well then, let's just wait until we see them." Philip smile, he looks like he remembers something that makes him happy.

I didn't bother asking what it is, looking down to my belly as I softly caress it. Can't wait to see you two, I think. Feeling their strong little kicks makes me smile. My healthy little ones.

"You know when Delia was pregnant at the dungeon... I didn't get the chance to touch her. That was the most painful thing for me as her husband and as a father. But when Delia puts Dindy in my arms and entrusted me with my daughter's life that was honestly the most honorable feeling I felt as a father and the hardest as her husband because I thought she was dead, and I didn't even say goodbye." He pauses and looks at me seriously. "And Axe I'm telling you this as your third father figure in this house, that the feeling that you're giving Nicoli now for overworking here and not giving him enough time is a kick on the ass. I know you're a strong woman Axe but you have to make him feel that you need him as a father and as a partner. Don't take this moment for granted, sometimes fate loves taking away things we less appreciate making us realize its true value."

Philip has a point. I then realized that these past few days, I've been distant from him. I kept working at daytime and when I get upstairs at night I go straight to bed without talking to him. Honestly I thought he didn't mind because he never said, anything at all. Sometimes he comes here to bring me food, and then leaves the minute he felt like he's not needed. I felt bad for my husband.

Chewing my lips in discomfort. I took a sit, down to my swivel chair. "Yeah, he never complains about it."

"Because he doesn't want to do something that can make you out of focus." he say touching my shoulder and give it a small squeeze. "That's how lucky you are for having him. Honestly, If I were him I would have flipped by now."

We both laugh imagining Philip going insane about Delia not giving him any attention at all. Then the laughter quickly drops, we both stare at the floor, and say nothing. I think need to go to my husband right now.

Closing my eyes, I breathe in deeply. "Can you manage?"

"Hell yeah, your father will be here shortly and I'm very confident that we can do this on our own without burning this house down."