sɪx: ғɪʀᴇsᴛᴏʀᴍ

♫: 𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚛 by 𝐵𝑅𝑂𝐶𝐾𝐻𝐴𝑀𝑃𝑇𝑂𝑁

𝗝𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲'𝘀 𝗣𝗼𝘃

«Guys! Guys! Stop freaking out!» I hear Mark yelling while I still looking outside disbelief.

A loud whistle interrupts all my thoughts and then when I turn around Mark points the tv.
A firestorm that's what is going on. The south Australia is burning as hell.

𝑂𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑡.
The images of people running, houses on fire and dead animals makes my eyes full of tears.

«Fuck.» I hear Cooper say in a whisper.
«Guys is better if we go back to our places now that the streets area is bit clear.» Mia say.

𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡, 𝑖𝑓 𝑤𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑔 𝑎 𝑏𝑖𝑡 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑒𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑑 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑑𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑟 𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑒.

So we pay and we walk outside.
I start to couch nonstop.
«Hey, come here.» Cooper says hugging me quickly.
«It's all right. text us when you get home okay?» Cooper says calmly. I step back, I look at him and I nod.

I run inside the car and close the door quickly to not let the smog come inside.
I start the engine and I quickly leave the parking lot.

𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗼'𝘀 𝗣𝗼𝘃

"I"m miss you." she says cuddling to my chest.
"I missed you so bad. Finally you're back." I say inhaling her scent and rubbing the tip of my nose on her neck tickling her.
"Promise me that you will never leave me again." I mumble still holding her tight.

"I can't" she says in a whisper and when I lean back to watch her in her eyes, i just see my empty hands. She is gone.

I look around myself and I'm sit on the couch in the living room.

"Jo! Jo! Jo!" I start to yell looking in every room of her house.

I can feel the absence of the air because my crazy run around the whole house.

«Hero, Gosh wake up!» I hear a voice and after few seconds I open my eyes and I find myself sobbing in my sweat and out of breath.

I find Anna lookin' at me preoccupied.

𝑆ℎ𝑖𝑡 𝐼 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛?

«I'm so sorry.» I say running my fingers through my sweaty hair.
«It's okay. You're fine?» she asks me giving me a cup of water.

I take a long sip nod at her.

«Yeah, it's all right, it was just a dream. I'm sorry for waking you up.» I say.
«You didn't woke me up.» She says taking the empty glass.

I know for sure that she's lying.

«Asher is up?» I ask feeling so bad about it. I look at the clock on the bedside table, It's midnight.

«No Hero. You wasn't that loud. I woke up because of a call.» she says.

I look into her eyes and something tells me that something bad happened, I also have a bad perception.

«Who called you at this time of the night?» I ask curious.
«Jennifer. She just saw the news, Australia is burning.» she says and then I really lose a heartbeat.
«What do you mean "Australia is burning"?!» I ask panicking.

I pull up my whole body trying to improve the entrance of air through my nostrils. It's like my chest stop working.

«Come.» she says so I stand up, grab the phone and I follow her running. When we get to her living room I see her 65 inch flat screen reproducing some videos that look like hell.

 When we get to her living room  I see her 65 inch flat screen reproducing some videos that look like hell

«Only fuck.» I whisper while the news are keep going in a lower volume.
«Shit Jonis there!!Someone called Josephine?» I ask looking at Anna's preoccupied face expression.
«Yes, Jennifer and I tried but she didn't picked up.» she says and my heart starts to reaching.
«She have to pick up.» I say.

I quickly unlock my phone and I search for her phone number.

«Hero calm down, there It's 10 am, maybe she still sleeping.» she says.
«She never sleeps till 10 in the morning. What if she went to hiking?» I ask terrified while I'm listening to the rings.

I'm trying to not panic right now but the dream that I had few minutes ago isn't helping me.

After some rings the voicemail goes on so I hang up and call her again.

I try it again, again and again.

«Hero? What are you doing awake?» I finally hear that voice that seams to didn't heard it in years.
«Oh thank God.» I say letting my body fall on the couch and Anna sits near to me.
«I heard about the firestorm, are you okay? Are you at home?» I ask bombing her by my questions.

I hear her coughing ash after tear up with the nose. 𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑐𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔.

«I'm driving home. Don't worry I'm fine, go back to sleep. I'll talk to you tomorrow.» she says with her cracked voice.

I can imagine what she's going trough.

«No text me when you get home.» I say.
«Okay.» she says.
«Drive safely.» I say and then she hangs up.

𖣘𖣘𖣘

𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕖: ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ!
ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴛᴀʟᴋᴇᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ, ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ? ɪᴛ's ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɪɴɢ.
ᴘʟs ɢᴜʏs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ!
ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏ'ᴀʟʟ!
-𝒱𝒶𝓁ℯ𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝒶