Mikan x Fem!Reader - Drawings

Requested by: No one

Topic: Comfort, fluff

Trigger warnings: Mentions of bullying

Plot: Mikan Tsumiki and Y/N have just started dating about a week ago and Mikan is struggling to adjust to the love she's receiving since she hasn't had it her entire life. When she freaks out and tells Y/N to "draw on her," she is met with a sweet surprise.

Song: orchid by Jeremy Zucker

You and the Ultimate Nurse, Mikan Tsumiki, had been dating for almost a week now. You had fallen pretty hard for the timid girl and found her personality and mannerisms to be rather adorable. Several times throughout the day, your girlfriend would do a lot of things that just made your heart melt in your chest, whether it was intentional or not. You just couldn't seem to get over how cute she was.

However, you noticed right away that Mikan was struggling to accept the love she was getting from you. Not because she didn't love you back, but because she felt undeserving of it. This shattered that warmth in your heart to pieces. You've never disagreed so strongly about something in your life and your top priority right now was to make sure Mikan realized she was completely deserving of love just as everyone is.

You were waiting for her to get back to the dorms for the night so you could hang out with her like you usually did. When there was a light knock on your door, you called out, "Come in!"

As the door cracked open just a tad, you saw a singular gray eye peeking into the room, and you immediately recognized the shape and color to belong to Mikan. The nurse stepped inside, looking at you rather nervously.

"Hey, baby," you greeted her softly, flashing her a warm smile. She seemed to relax a bit but, as she was about to walk in your direction, her foot caught on something and landed harshly on the ground with a loud thud. Gasping, you immediately bent down, taking her hand in yours and lifting her back up to her feet. There seemed to be tears brimming in her eyes.

"I-I'm so sorry, Y/N!" she cried out. "I-I'm s-such a clumsy mess...f-forgive me!" Her crying grew a little louder and you quickly took both of her hands in yours, eyes warm as you gazed at her. Mikan seemed nervous still but met your eyes regardless.

"Y-You can d-draw on m-me...j-just please don't h-hate me," she blubbered out.

You dropped her hands from your own and walked over to your desk. Mikan seemed to tense up, probably expecting you were going to "punish" her now for tripping. But that was nowhere close to what you intended to do. Instead, you grabbed your favorite pen and turned back around to your girlfriend. She flinched a little bit, making you feel guilty.

You approached her again anyways, taking one of her hands once more. "You want me to draw on you?" you asked her.

Mikan made a few incoherent sounds before replying, "I-If you w-won't hate me then y-yes..."

"But how could I hate you?" you asked softly, using your free hand to gently caress her cheek. "You're my girlfriend, Mikan." You paused. "Give me your hand."

She lifted a singular hand towards you and you took it gently, using your pen to gently trace a heart-shape above her knuckles and writing a small "I love you" right next to it. When you were done, you let Mikan inspect it for herself without saying anything.

She gasped, almost in delighted surprise, and looked at you again. "Y-You love me...?" she asked in disbelief.

You nodded and wrapped your arms around her shoulders, holding her as close as you could and softly rocking her back and forth.

She buried her face into the crook of your neck. You could feel the heat of her tears dripping onto your skin, but you didn't mind.

"Did people draw on you, Mikan?" you murmured against her forehead. You obviously knew about her past bullying experiences and the horrible abuse she had endured for years, but this part was news to you.

Mikan slowly lifted her head to look up into your eyes. She nodded, sending another wave of sadness through your body. "Th-They would write m-mean words on me and st-stuff... There were even a few times wh-when they d-drew t-targets on m-me for th-their dart games."

A mixture of rage and sorrow pierced every corner of your body like needles stabbing you in every direction, and you felt a deep sense of protectiveness over your girlfriend that you had not felt before. Kissing her on the nose, you wrapped your arms a little tighter around her and let her rest her chin on your shoulder.

She suddenly lifted the hand you'd drawn on and stared at it lovingly. "I-I like this drawing, though," she commented.

You backed up a step so you could take her hand again and gently kissed her knuckles. "I'm glad you do," you muttered. "Mikan, you didn't deserve any of the things you went through with those bullies. I hope you know that you're safe with me and I'll never let anyone hurt you ever again." You felt your own tears coming now and a lump forming in your throat.

Mikan stared at you but this time it was more surprised than anxious. She suddenly flung herself back at you, grasping you in a  tight hug once again. "Th-Thank you very much..." she whispered.

You caressed the back of her head, slipping your fingers through her soft purple hair.

"A-And, Y/N...I l-love you, t-too."