Chapter 4

After a while, Mason got up to get some food. "What do you want for dinner?" He asked in a very straight monotone way. "Um well what do you have?" Estelle replied. "BBQ chips, a half eaten cheeseburger, some fries and about three or four left over chicken wings." He replied. "Is that all you have?" I asked. "Um...Oh yea! And a few pizza slices left." Mason said. "Got anything healthier?" I asked again surprisingly worried about this boys cholesterol. "Well if you count the tomato sauce in the pizza then that's the healthiest thing you'll get." Mason said. They decided to eat the pizza while Mason took the big box from the tiny fridge. Estelle and Mason ate without saying one word to each other for the majority of the time, awkwardly staring at each other from time to time.
There was only one last pepperoni pizza slice left in the box and without noticing, they both just went for it as they touched hands. They both stared at each other intently and in shock for about five seconds then scooted slowly away from each other grossed out. Both of them making a gag like motion.
It was now about ten o'clock at night. Estelle had still been awake but Mason's eyelids started drooping down. I walked to the window and still saw snow upon snow building up on the streets. It had to be at least 2 feet tall. It was insane. I went back and tapped Mason on the shoulder. "Hey where am I sleeping tonight?" I asked. "Oh on the sofa." He said rubbing his eyes. He walked into the bedroom and came back out with a blanket and a pillow. "Here" he said as he threw the things right in my face. "Thanks" I replied sarcastically. He walked into his room as I fixed the pillow and laid down. I shut my eyes for two minutes when I felt something crawl on my leg. I opened my eyes and jerked up seeing a big spider crawling up my leg. Estelle screamed so loud the world almost shook. Mason ran out of the room with a baseball bat half asleep running into the wall then getting back up again. "What! What happened?" He yelled. I jumped up slapping my leg. "There was a huge spider! It was crawling on my leg. I think it's on the sofa." I said still panicking. "So?" He said. "So? SO? I hate spiders! They're my biggest fear." I said. "Okay. What do you want me to do? Let you sleep in my room?" He sarcastically laughed. Estelle turned to him staring. "No. There is no way." Mason said sternly now.
Ten minutes of arguing later they ended up sleeping in the same bed. Estelle picked up a long body pillow. "This is our wall. We don't ever pass it. We don't interact in any way. We will also not touch each other EVER." She said sternly. "This is my side. And that's yours." I said again. "Well actually they're both my sides because it my bed...but whatever" Mason said obviously a bit moody. Estelle and Mason turned away from each other lying down.
In the middle of the night Mason started yanking the blanket to his side. So did Estelle and it turned into a big tug of war. It was definitely one of the most uncomfortable crazy nights of all time.