Chapter 12

Estelle was now on the plane leaving for California. About thirty minutes into the flight I started watching Home Alone. One of the best Christmas movies ever. I over heard a little boy with his mom in the seats behind me. "Momma. I can't wait for Christmas. I bet Santa got me a talking dinosaur and a car and batman and...and EVERYTHING!" The little boy said. "Are you sure?" His mom laughed. "Of course. I wrote to him saying, Dear Santa I want a talking dinosaur, a car and batman and everything! He's the best. He always makes me happy." He says. "I'm happy that Santa makes you happy sweetie" as she kisses his forehead. I smiled at the conversation and how cute the little boy was. An old lady, maybe at the age of 60, came over to sit by Estelle. "Hi young lady. Would you mind if you could help me walk over to the restroom. I forgot my cane and it's quite bumpy right now." She asked. Of course Estelle said yes and helped the old lady stay sturdy. She reminded me of Mr. Markwins whole also missed. "Thank you young lady. I'm sure whoever has your heart is a lucky man" she smiled. I smiled too immediately thinking of Mason. I was then saddened by the fact that I wasn't going to see him any time soon.
Mason on the other hand had now been hurrying to book a flight to San Francisco. He knocked on Mr. Markwins door. "Well I'll be darned. You're going for her aren't you?" Mr. Markwins said immediately opening the door. Mason wondered how the heck this old man knows exactly what's happening before it's even said. "I'll give you a ride son." Mr. Markwins said as they both hurried to his car. The old mans car was a classic vintage Chevrolet with black trimming. "This is your car?" Mason said in shock. "What an old man can't have a nice car?" He smiled motioning Mason to get in. Mr. Markwins slid into the drivers seat. "Are you sure you want to drive?" Mason asked. "Please I got this." "Okay let's see how fast this baby goes!" Mason says in excitement. They roll out of the car park and they go about 20 miles per hour. "Uh Mr. Markwins. Is this the fastest we can go?" He asked. "The speed limit is 25 miles per hour son. And I'm not gonna risk getting a ticket." The old man said. "Here why don't we turn some music on. Mr. Markwins said turning it on. The radio immediately started playing Apple Bottom Jeans. Mason sat there confused. "It's my favorite jam! Hand me my shades will ya sonny!" The old man said as Mason couldn't help but laugh. "Let's go get your girl!"