Chapter 14

Suddenly someone knocked on the door. "Oh carolers. They're always a joy." My mom said standing up to answer the door. Elaine, the baby, started crying so I decided I'll open it myself. "I got it mom" I smiled heading to the door. I opened the door to see about eight carolers in big costumes huddled together. They started to sing Winter Wonderland. That's when I heard a faint voice that seemed familiar. Then the huddled group if carolers began to part revealing a boy with brown hair and grey blue eyes carrying flowers. "Walking in a winter wonderland" he finished. "Are you happy I'm singing now?" Mason laughed. I started to tear. "Why did you come all the way here for Christmas?" Estelle asked. "Because a crazy old man told me that I shouldn't let go of you if I loved you. And I do. I love you Estelle" Mason said smiling. I wiped a tear off my cheek. That's when I noticed a green little mistletoe attached to a fishing pole. At the other end of the fishing pole was an eager Uncle Donald trying to get it directly under us. I laughed and so did Mason. "Well go on. I can't hold this pole for that long." My uncle said behind me. Estelle smiled, looked at the mistletoe, and leaned in for a sweet kiss. "Merry Christmas." Mason said. "Merry Christmas." Estelle smiled. It was the best Christmas ever...