Chapter 6

We got back and sat down. I looked at the clock and noticed the caroling only killed about thirty minutes. Mason counted the cash we got and it added up to twenty six dollars. After, we just watched tv and did absolutely nothing. I tried texting and calling Avalon but service was down.
"Hey can I take a shower?" I asked. He looked at me weirdly but said okay. He grabbed a green towel from a cupboard. "Thanks" I took the towel and helped myself to the bathroom. I turned the water on and took a relaxing shower. Then I wrapped myself with the towel and grabbed my clothes. That's when I forgot I left my top in the living room. Estelle stepped out carefully making sure the towel was tight. I saw Mason lying on the couch right next to my shirt watching tv. "Turn around." Estelle said. "Huh?" "I said turn around and shut your eyes. I need to get my shirt." I replied. "Fine..." He said closing his eyes and turning around. I ran over to my shirt and ran back. I felt a weird feeling as if he was watching me. Estelle turned around as Mason jerked in surprise and shut his eyes again. "Mhmm" I said running back into the bathroom dressing up.
I went to the big shelves full of the priceless action figures. I picked up the Wolverine one staring at it and looking at the insanely amazing details. Suddenly one of the claws on his hand broke off. Estelle panicked and tried to stick it back on but it didn't work. "Oh my god." I said barely over a whisper. "What are you doing?" I heard a Mason say. I jumped in shock and knocked down one of the shelves dropping everything. Mason ran to the action figures making sure everything's okay. "What the hell!" He said angrily. "I didn't mean to!" I replied. Mason angrily pushed me away and started to display all the figures back and place the shelf as it was as I walked away feeling awful.
I sat by the window staring at the frozen streets. "I wish I could just go home" I said to myself. "Please I wish you did too." I heard Mason behind me. "Hey it hasn't been a big pleasure to be here either buddy." I said. "First of all I never asked for this. You have no respect for any of my stuff. Especially the things I love." He said. I heard the anger stirring up in his voice. "Look I'm sorry." Estelle said. "I wish you never came. Actually better yet I wish I never agreed to let you in. It was a stupid idea. You're a stupid idea!" Mason said ending with a yell. "FINE! Then I'll leave!" I yelled back grabbing my jacket. "Psh good luck!" He said as I slammed the door shut. I didn't think about where I'd go since the blizzard was still going on but it didn't matter I just wanted out of that hell hole.