butterfly - stevepop

based on the song Butterflys Repose by Zabawa
Steves POV

Soda and I have been workin' hard at the DX so the boss told us to go home and have a day off. You should've seen Soda's face when our manager said that. He was in awe and it was pretty cute.

I've worked on loads of cars this week, hell, probably thousands at this point. Occasionally through the week I spotted Soda dreamily looking at me, but I couldn't say anything because his look was interrupted by cars that would come to get gas.

It's currently summer in Tulsa, so I wasn't complaining to have a little break, but it was weird not doin' anything productive all day. But one thing that I was excited about was spending the day with Sodapop.

We've been secretly dating for a couple months now. I think that were doin' a pretty good job. None of the gang except Pony knows about us, and the gang probably thinks we just got closer with each other. Once we arrived at Soda's house, we checked to see if the gang was here. Pony and Johnny would be at school right now, Darry would be at work, Two-bit and Dally- who knows where they are.

I hollered and yelled if anyone was here, and we got no response. I smiled at Soda, signaling that no one was here so that we could have some alone time with each other. He made a cute squeak and I couldn't help but laugh and wrap my arms around him.
"You're real cute, you know." I tell him as he stares right into my eyes.

He blushes at the statement, but wraps his arms around my neck.
"I don't know about that," he says, "you're being real sweet, Stevie."

I smile and my eyes lovingly look into Soda's. I kiss him gently and then I start kissing his face all over. He starts giggly and eventually we both start laughing. Damn that laugh is contagious, I say to myself.

I take his hand and bring him into the kitchen to get some snacks. I casually turn the radio on and we listen to some of the songs and dance to them like idiots.

After laughing our asses off to us doing dumb stuff, I suddenly walked over to him and picked him from under his butt, he put his legs around my waist and I brought him to the bedroom and jokingly throw him onto the bed. He lays down and gets a blanket to throw on us.

I lay down next to him and we start to cuddle on the bed together. I nuzzle my nose against his cheek and he sighs and smiles in happiness when we both relax and stop moving.

It's been only about 20 minutes since we got home, and Soda is laying comfortably on me facing me and pressing his forehead against mine, which were slowly moving in sync to the slow beat of the music that came from the kitchen.
"God i've been waitin for a moment like this." I say contently.

"Me too." Soda mutters and nuzzles his head into my neck, kissing it a couple times.

We sit in silence until we hear our favorite songs come on, on the radio. Sodapop looks at me and his mouth is wide open, and smiles. I smile back at him and kiss him lovingly. Sodapop pulls away starts singing some of the lyrics.

"You don't have to speak... Don't need to talk to me,"
Sodapop sings out and puts our foreheads together again, "Baby, I already know..."

I smile and tears appear in my eyes, Sodapop notices this and frowns and wraps him arm around me. Some of the song continues on as he comforts me, until he starts singing again.

"Cause I'm right here.., Darlin' , I'm right here..," Close your pretty eyes.., my butterfly." Sodapop continues singing.

Eventually I stop crying and peck his cheek again.
"I love you, doll." I say looking into his eyes.

"I love you, Stevie." Sodapop says back to me.

I then wrap my arms all the way around his body and rest my head on top of his, and we end up falling asleep.