Shopping and Seducing || Tom

Tom holds your arm securely and tightly as the two of you weaved through the street, as if telling you it is too late; you can't run away now.

"There are some nice boutiques down this street," he says.

You try to discreetly pull away from him, but he keeps his hold.

"Listen, Tom-"

"Ah-ah... No buts." He sends you his always charming smile, and you quickly shut your mouth, following him.

He's promised to take you shopping for your birthday. You thought this 'shopping' trip would be books, kitchen appliances.... Anything but clothing. The clothing of the rich.

He leads you into the first boutique, where a store attendant in a simple black dress, little heels, and a large statement necklace is immediately at your sides.

"Hello, how may I help you?"

Immediately you feel that you stick out like a sore thumb. The attendant with her cocktail dress, Tom with his nice suit, and you? Jeans and a sweater.

"We're here for a whole new wardrobe," Tom smiles, putting his hands on your shoulders as he leads you further in. "Something sophisticated yet modern."

Then you are swept away to behind the dressing room curtains, being stripped down and measured. As the attendant goes back out front to get outfits, you peek out your head, seeing Tom sitting patiently.

"Tom, these people are CRAZY," you whisper harshly to him. "They made me dress down to my undergarments and wrapped measuring tapes around places I wish I didn't know what they measured."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Like my hips? I hadn't realized just how wide-"

"Y/N," he interrupts you. "It's all part of professional sizing, and picking out what will look best on you." He smiles. "You'll thank me when we're done."

The woman comes back with many sets of clothing. You sigh to yourself when you learn you've got to try all of them on before you may leave. There are blouses of different colours, some with ruffles or lace. Then there are some pencil skirts to go with the blouses, some trousers, and dresses.

"Now look at that," Tom remarks as he enters. He takes your hand gently and twirls you, the skirt of the dress flowing out gently as he did. "You look ready to walk the red carpet."

"Thanks..." You shake your head lightly. "But I really can't allow you to buy me these clothes."

"Why not?" He frowns.

"Because they're just not me," you tell him.

"Okay." He holds up his index finger. "One more store. That's it. Then I'll let you off the hook. Deal?"

You cross your arms gently. "Fine. Just one more. I'll put all these back."

"Except for that dress," he smiles, indicating to the one you're wearing. "You look beautiful in it, and classy at the same time."

You decide it's better not to try and protest. "Fine. Whatever you say."

You dress back into your jeans and sweater, as Tom purchases the dress. Then you're both off to the second and final store.

"So, what store?"

He squeezes your arm, smiling. "You'll see."

"Will I like it?"

That makes him laugh. "I'll like it."

"But I won't?"

"It's more for my enjoyment." A smirk is still placed on his face, as you shiver lightly. He's going to put me through hell, isn't he? you think.