chapter 2

NANDITA

" Why have you  summoned us all here" my Grandmother asked .

My mother, grandmother, Luwa my immediate younger sister Tetswayo and I all sat in my throne room.

"I summoned all of you here to discuss my marriage " I said getting up from my throne.

"I already told you you'll have to marry him within the next seven da-" I raised my hand cause my grandmother to stop her banter. I could see a smug smile on Tetswayo's face causing me to ball up my fist in anger.

"I have no opposition to that go-go " I simply said " I am a woman of my word. That's why I will only marry a man that keeps he's word and for that Tetswayo will have to come through on his word as well " I say.

"What is this about? " my mother questioned.

"He and I had a very clear agreement, he would have to conquer 10 tribes in my name before he could marry me and since you all are so impatient, hell have to finish this task before the next seven days elapse " I command.

"Don't be ridiculous Ndita, you know that's not possible " he finally spoke up.

"Can you please keep quiet and let my sister speak " Luwa shoot daggers at him.

"Luwanzi! " my mother gave her a  stern look.

"Mother " I calmly conquered

"Thank you luwa " I smiled at her, before turning back my attention to everyone." You had the guts to go behind my back with your so called manhood tacked between your legs to and tell my grandmother I don't know what, but you are here not waiting to fulfill your promise" I looked at him wide eyed as I made dramatic hand gestures.

"Nandita, the nearest tribes are over a 6 day walk away from hear ,and even by ox the it would only reduce by a day or two "he complained.

"You should have thought about it before you opened your mouth and started spitting venom behind my back " I said.

"Nandita -"

"Mother, I have not broken any promises, but I won't marry him till he he makes forth with his" I said.

"I do agree ,if she has to fulfill her promise he should also do the same " Luwa added.

"They will be no more arguments, I suggest you start now unless you've already given up" I said to him with a grin on my face.

"I would never give up on being with my queen " he said with anger painted on his face.

"This is done, everyone can get back to what they are supposed to be attending to " I say before everyone exists the room leaving Luwanzi and I alone.

"You owe me " she said. "Now go-go will be cross with me " she panicked.

"Don't worry just telling someone to make her, her favorite meal and take it to her she'll forget you said anything " I said smiling at her. " But me she'll probably still be cross with " I laughed .

***

I walked down the long hallway heading towards the main entrance, there where two guards stationed by the door. They bowed there heads upon seeing me, I walked passed them and headed towards the  cottage at the back of the palace. My grandmother had chosen to leave there after my mother took over the throne.