⁕ | nine

Tessa

After everyone was gone, I sneak out the back where the train was taking of. It started to go faster so I ran faster, on the side of the train I saw Four and Tris. Tris saw me and said something to Four, it was faint, "Pick her up," she said. Once I got closer Four held out his left hand to me, I gave him my left hand and he picked me up.

"Thanks." I muttered. "Welcome," he said.

"I'm so glad we got you in time," Tris smiled at me.

"Hi," Christina said. "Hi," I said back. "What are you doing here?" She asks. "I just figured that I had to make it," I smirked.

"Who let you out?" Eric asked while I rolled my eyes.

"I did."

"You did? Okay."

"Let's sit you down." Christina said. "The games simple," Eric said. "It's like capture the flag. Weapon of choice."

"You call that a gun?" A girl said. Eric shot her in the leg, "Nuero-stim dart. Stimulates the pain of a real gunshot wound. Only last a couple minutes."

"Two teams, Four and I are captains." Eric told everyone. "You chose first Eric," Four said. "I'll take the stiff." Eric said casually. "Which one?" I asked. "You," he said. "I'll take the other stiff." Four said.

"I'll take the stiff," Tessa mocked in a deep voice.

"Where did Fours team go?" Christina said.

"They must have gone to the end. All right. Lights off. Gather around. Come on. Okay, what's your strategy? We can hide the flag well enough, so they can't find it. Let's send out a team to search their location. See if we can find there flag. I say we blitz them..."

"Yeah, that's the best way to lose quickly," Al said.

"Let's make them come to us," one boy said. "End this quickly, they wont expect it." Ezra said.

"We don't know where they are. Okay, we split into two groups, defense and offense." Al said. "Who put you in charge," Ezra said. "Someone has to make a decision!" Christina said.

"We need to be more aggressive," Ezra said.

"We need to be smart about it."

I decide we weren't going anywhere, so I walk away and a little in the distance in saw Eric climbing up a ferris wheel, so I run over to him.

"You're not gonna jump, are you?" I asked nervously. "No, I'm just trying yo get a good vantage point." He said.

"Good thinking," I said.

"You don't have to come with me? You should go easy. You took a beating," Eric said. "I'm surprised you noticed," I said going up the ladder very slowly.

"You didn't seem to care when you set me up before the fight," I said.

"Yeah, well, I don't show my emotions a lot," he said. "Hey," he called, "you good? You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, "This is high enough."

"No, we need to go higher," he said. "Crazy..." I muttered.

"You all right," he asked again, "Your afraid of heights."

"Everyone's afraid of something," I shrugged. "Hey, it's okay. I didn't think you were afraid of anything." He says.

"Come on, Tessa. I got you."

"Really? Are you even human?" I sassed

"This isn't so bad."

"Good eye."

"Look!"

"There it is."

"All right. What's your plan," I asked. "We split into two groups. We'll go up the side and let the rest of you engage Four." Eric said.

"I can see 'em," one boy said. "Go! Go! Light 'em up."

"There two more! I'm gonna move in closer. Follow me go!" Eric said.

"Watch, on your right," one boy said.

"Go, go, go!" A girl said.

"Christina, let's go!" I said.

"Tell me if this hurts," A boy said. "You tell me," I said. "You bitch!" He says. "Asshole!"

"That was awesome!" Christina says.

"Get covered," a girl yelled. "Go, Tessa! I'll guard," she says. "Woo!" I yell.

"Game over!" Will saysz

"Good job, Tessa," Al says.