Chapter 2

~Three Weeks Later~

Three weeks into the school year, Ali and Ashlyn are already the best of friends, along with the rest of the girls in their suite. They went everywhere together, played soccer together, and shared almost everything with each other. It was either always the two of them, or the eight of them.

Today was the first game of the season. They were playing Penn State.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ashlyn woke up with sun shining through the window. She was shaking from her nervousness. Her and Ali's families were flying to North Carolina to watch the big game. This was the first time the two girls would be meeting each other's families.

Ashlyn rolled on her side to watch her best friend sleep on the other side of their room. Ashlyn thinks to herself, "How did I not realize how beautiful she is before?" Ashlyn was just now discovering how much she liked the girl. She knew that she herself was gay, but also knew that Ali was straight. Ashlyn knew she would never have a chance with the tiger-eyed beauty. Nobody knew about this small crush, and she wanted to keep it that way.

---------------------------------------------------------

The game just ended. UNC 5 Penn State 3. As soon as the whistle blew Ashlyn ran straight to Ali and squeezed her best friend tightly.

"Great game, Warrior Princess," Ashlyn told Ali once they got to the locker room, Ashlyn using the nickname Ali got when she was younger. Ali just giggled, thanked her, and also congratulated Ashlyn on the great game. Everybody's families were there waiting for the player to come out.

"Hey Als!" Ash started when they were the only players left in the room. "Wanna come meet my family?" Ali nodded.

The two girls walked out of the locker room, hands brushing against each other's.

"Mom! Dad! Chris!" Ashlyn yelled as she waved her parents and brother over.

They walked over, and Ashlyn's mom kissed her daughter's forehead. Then she looked over Ashlyn's shoulder. Ali finally realized that Ashlyn's dad and brother were already looking at Ali.

After Ash hugged them all Chris finally asked, "Who's this?"

"Guys, this is my best friend and roommate Ali. Ali, this is my brother Chris, my mom Tammye, and my dad Mike."

"It's nice to meet you Ali," Mike stated and shook Ali's hand.

Ali smiled. "It's nice to meet you too Mr. Harris."

"Please call me Mike. Mr. Harris makes me feel old." Ali blushed.

"It makes you feel old because you are old," Ashlyn said, not even bothering to be quiet. Her eyes widened after she realized she said it out loud.

Ali just laughed, Mike and Chris rolled their eyes, and Tammye shook her head, with a palm on her temple.

After a little while talking, Ashlyn finally asked Ali if they could go meet her brother. They said goodbye to Ashlyn's family, and walked off the find the one and only Kyle Krieger.

"Alex!" a brown-haired man Ashlyn didn't recognized shouted.

Ali ran to the man, so Ashlyn followed her, since she figured it was Ali's brother. After Ali hugged him, she introduced him.

"Ashlyn, this is my brother Kyle. Kyle, This is my best friend/roommate Ashlyn."

Ashlyn and Kyle shook hands.

"It's nice to finally meet you since Alex talked about you every time I called her. Ali just blushed and looked away. After a few minutes, Ali started looking around.

"Kyle, where's mom and dad?"

"Ummmm............"

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this was a little short. I kinda wanted to leave y'all on a cliffhanger though. Sorry!