Chapter 9

"Wait... she kissed you?!" Alyssa practically yelled at Ali.

The two girls were sitting in their new dorm room at Penn State. They had just finished unpacking the last of their things, when Ali decided to tell her new roommate what went down with her last one before she left.

"Yes, Lys. That's the whole point of what I was trying to tell you. She kissed me. And I don't know what to do. The only time I'll probably see her is at our games, and I don't know what to do. I mean, what did the kiss mean? And how am I supposed to ever know if she won't answer any of my texts or calls. And-"

"Whoa, whoa, Kriegs. Calm down. We'll figure this out," Alyssa sighs as she cuts Ali off. "You really love her, don't you Als?" Alyssa continued.

"Yeah. I really do, Alyssa. I mean, she's been the one there for me the most since my parents died. Now it feels like I have nothing left..." Ali told the taller girl as she came over and sat down next to her.

"Look. I know Ashlyn loves you. And I know she's mad at you right now. But she's gonna come around, Ali. She would never leave you. She's gonna love you even if she can't love you."

"And I'm gonna try to do the same," Ali said, slipping Ashlyn's UNC hoodie (one that she stole form her) over her head. "I'm gonna love her even if I can't love her. Even if it's impossible."

----------------------------------------------------

Ashlyn paced back and forth through her now half empty dorm room. She was wondering how she could get through to Ali, and apologize without ruining their friendship. After all, Ashlyn was the one who kissed her best friend and ran out of their date.

Ashlyn pulled out her phone and called Kyle. She knew he would be able to help her. He was the only one who knew more about Ali than she did. He was the only one who could help.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey! I'm really sorry I haven't written anything in a while. I had really bad writer's block and was just pretty busy in general.

If you have any ideas for what should happen next, I would really love to hear them. Please leave your feedback!