Chapter 3

I'm sorry in advance.

-----------------------------------------------

"Ummmm............"

"Kyle, answer my question. Where are mom and dad," Ali said sternly, on the verge of yelling.

"Alex......... they were in a car crash on the way here. They're gone," Kyle told his sister, tears streaming down her face.

Ali launched herself at Ashlyn, buried her her head in the taller girl's neck, and started crying. Ashlyn was just in shock. She'd never seen her best friend cry before. Ash looked over at Kyle, only to see him in the same state as Ali. She immediately held her arm out for him, and he slowly walked into he embrace.

Ashlyn just stood there, holding the two Krieger's in her arms. She slowly walked them back to her and Ali's dorm. 

Eventually Kyle had to go meet up with some friends he made plans with in the area, leaving the two friends alone in their room.

"I'm so sorry Al. I'm so, so sorry."

Ali just shrugged and started crying again. Ashlyn just kissed her forehead repeatedly, trying her best to calm her down. 

-----------------------------------------------

Two weeks passed and Ali finally got over he parents deaths after their funeral. Ever since Ashlyn kissed Ali's head, they've been acting more couple-like. Neither girl would admit their feelings. Hell, Ali didn't even know she had feelings for her best friend yet.

There were more kisses on cheeks and heads. There was a lot of calling each other "babe", "baby" and other pet names. There was a little sleeping in the same bed. And there was some occasional hand holding. Both girls enjoyed it even though everyone loved to tease them about it. The kisses seemed to be the only thing that calms Ali down if someone says something about her parents.

"How you holding up sweetie?" Ashlyn asked before they fell asleep one night.

"I'm fine babe. You don't have to keep worrying about me."

Ashlyn smiled, showing the dimple Ali loved seeing. "C'mon princess. It's late. We have early training tomorrow."

The two friends climbed into bed together.

"Goodnight, baby."

"Night, honey," Ali said before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------

The next morning, Ali and Ashlyn wake up to laughter and whispering. They slowly open their eyes, only to see their six best friends sitting on Ashlyn's bed. 

"Sooooo......... y'all together?" HAO asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"No," both girls scoffed at the same time.

"You sure?" Pinoe tried.

"Get out of our room," Ali strictly told them, sitting up in bed.

As soon as they left, Ali cuddled back up to her best friend.

"Come get ready, my queen. We have to be at the gym by 8," Ashlyn told the shorter girl.

Ali blushes and follows Ash into the bathroom, kisses her cheek, and starts getting ready for the day.