Chapter 6

When I heard a scream upstairs I immediately wanted to run upstairs but Renea stopped me

When I heard a scream upstairs I immediately wanted to run upstairs but Renea stopped me .

She looked at me and said ,'Listen properly .'

I could hear Kai screaming profanities that I've never heard nor before .

'You better listen loud and clear Reid Jamal Stevens . You are not my brother ,my father or my boyfriend ! Talk to me if you want to speak like adults !' Kai shouted through her phone .

'She knows Reid the weirdo?' Cameron comments

Reid Stevens is a musical genius at our school but he has this tendency to obsess over all his past 'lovers' and I have a feeling Kai could be his next victim .

'Yeah ,I'll go talk .' I try rush upstairs but Renea stops me again .

'Leave her alone for a bit . You're going confuse her even more .' Renea tells me and I back off and run to the swimming pool.

I dialed one of the only numbers I knew immediately

I dialed one of the only numbers I knew immediately. I memorized it after I got my first phone .

'Hello?' He says .

'Hello? Is that you're going to say?' I ask incredulously .

'Yes . Are in you trouble ? Do you need help? Otherwise I don't want to talk to you ,' He says .

'Why though ?' I ask getting more and more enraged .

'Because you are busy wh*ring around with that rich little boy . If I were you I would not be hanging out that guy . You even look different, you look like a sl-' he hesitates

'Finish that sentence.' I seethe

'A SLUT-' I immediately scream and say ,

'You better listen loud and clear Reid Jamal Stevens .You're not my brother , father or boyfriend!Talk to me when you want to talk like adults!' I scream through my phone and ended the call .

I was tempted to throw my phone at the wall but decided against it.

I knew what I need was a nice hot bath and just to relax for a couple hours.