Chapter 13

"The contract entails that you shall show minimal public displays of affection

"The contract entails that you shall show minimal public displays of affection. That is kisses on the cheek and forehead , hand holding, hugs , etc. But kissing on the mouth , neck , etc is not allowed . Groping too . Do you understand." Augustus' mother , Helen explained.

She decided that it would be best that she would come with us back to school until school actually started. Most of the school was still on its bonding vacation so it's hasn't been that hectic. When news broke I got tons of stares of students and teachers . Some of jealousy and envy, others of astonishment and glee . All the girls were happy , even Amber . But what Amber said stills lingers over my head .

He'll break your heart .

I don't understand why though. Although I rejected him , he seemed like a nice guy. So I don't know why he would like a 'bad boy' or a 'heartbreaker' .

"Hey ." Augustus whispered to me . We were currently revising the contract in his apartment . It was quite boring but I couldn't say that to Mrs Mountbatten

"Moving on to public events . Unless there are important events such as exams , funerals , weddings, etc  you are to attend all of..." Mrs Mountbatten's voice was starting to be drown out by my boredom

"Mother , I think it's time Kai and I have some alone . We will send you off ." Augustus said and grabbed my hand and lead me out out of his apartment .

"Where we going?" I asked while smiling

"It's a surprise." He smiled as we walked into the elevator . As soon as we got outside he took the blindfold that was conveniently there out of his pocket . I was a bit skeptic and he saw I was .

"I'll be here the whole time ." He rolled his eyes  playfully .

I put the blindfold and felt Augustus' one hand on my waist and the other holding my hand . My waist felt the warmth of his hand  . I immediately blushed at that .

We walked for 10 long strenuous minutes until he took off the blindfold .
There was a whole bunch of greenery around and tall beautiful Japanese cherry tree and a old light brown cottage house .

"I thought that you like something this after all the chaos we've been through." Augustus smiled

We walked into the brown cottage and were met with lit fireplace in front of a small brown couch which is most likely a living room and across from that is was dark brown small dining table and a kitchenette.

The dining table had a bowl of salad , a set of plates and a bowl with pasta .

"I saw that you didn't eat breakfast so I thought that you would be hungry." Augustus mumbled.

"Thank you." I beamed and we sat down .

"How are you not stressed?" I asked randomly .

"What do you mean ?" He said looking stumbled .

"This life , all the media attention, the pressure of your family and media and trying to uphold your reputation." I asked

"I haven't been able to uphold my reputation." He laughed

"At least that's what my family says . The media isn't really that good to me . They berate me for every relationship that hasn't been announced by the royal family. Actually our 'relationship'  is the first one to be announced .
The other relationships were seen as 'affairs' . The media also portrays me as this 'bad boy' who does these asinine things that aren't aline with  the apparent royal family rules or codes." He said

"They hate me because I'm not the perfect image of the crown prince." He continued

"But don't your parents control what the media and press can ." I said

"To an extent but they can't do much ." He sighed

"But enough about me . Are you missing home ?" Augustus asked and we started a long deep conversation getting closer and getting to know each other for a bit . Augustus ended up taking out some ice cream . It happened to be mint chocolate chip, my favourite.

"This is my favourite !" I grinned

"I hate it ." He grimaced and sat down .

I gasped and exclaimed , " That is a hate is a hate crime ! Haven't you even tried it ?"

"Yes and it tastes like toothpaste." He grimaced again

I grabbed a spoonful of the ice cream and said , "Come on open your and try this one , it may not be bad ."

He kept avoiding the spoon as if it would kill him to try .

"Come on Augustus! Please , for me..." I whined

"Fine..." He said and takes the spoon and actually flicked the ice cream onto my nose .

You heard right .
Right onto my nose .

"Sorry!" He giggled and got a wet wipe and wiped it off .

Although I was really upset I could feel his breath . His face flushed as leaned in . I leaned in too . He looked at my lips then looked at my eyes . Stared at me as if I knew what we were about to do .

Lightning struck and I jumped onto his lap . Making him cackle . That feeling that was there . Those sparks . Disappeared as soon as they came .

—

-

-