Chapter Five: "Things That Go BOOM!"

That singular voltorb. That poor, unsuspecting voltorb. How did it even get here? This isn't Kanto, or Hoenn, or even Alola. You took a sharp breath, feeling terrible for the Pokémon that was about to explode under the stress of being around new people. "Hey, kid. Here's the plan," Raihan started as he fended off the group of lackeys in front of you. "The Pokémon won't be able to do much. The wall's pretty sturdy. I'll hold 'em off, and you make a run for the wall with this. It'll detonate in 5." He tossed at you what looked to be a suitcase.

"Good luck, Y/N!" Sonia cheered for you as she lifted her hand to whack a guy in the face. Dang, she's strong, huh? Inhaling twice as deep as before, you made a run for it. If you didn't live to tell the tale, at least you did the deed. Hopefully. Before you could get there, though, a strong hand grabbed your collar. "And where are you going? Give it, kiddo."

Trying to snatch the briefcase out of your hands, Leon laughed, swinging you from side to side with your shirt. A familiar face helped set you free by surprising him from behind. "Hop? What are you doing?" Biting his lip, your "friend" gathered all the strength he could muster to stand up to his big brother. "I'm doing what I'm supposed to. The right thing. That's what you said you were gonna do, Lee!"

"TAKE COVER!"

The wall crumbled to the ground in bits and pieces as you hid behind a marble countertop. The sturdy structure seemed to shatter like glass. You're glad to know that you made it, but what would've happened if you didn't? "C'mon Y/N, hurry! It's gonna cave!" Sonia grabbed you by your wrist, running outside. You didn't see Raihan on your way out. Or Leon. Or, worst of all, Hop. What happened? In the distance, you spotted something moving. "Y/N!" You heard your name. Hop! He was still in there. Running towards you the best he can, you met him halfway, helping him walk with a slight limp.  "Y/N, Lee... Lee saved me." You did your best to comfort him.

But what could have happened to the others?

-A/N: Sorry, I died. Quarantine killed me. I want a small funeral of a few readers please. Do Rock Paper Scissors in the comments to decide who gets to come.-