Nerves

Marie

"Hello?" The lady asks and I smile.

"Hi, I was just wondering how to get to the penthouse? That's where my colleague is at." I ask and she laughs lightly.

"No problem hun, just take the elevator and press the p button. That's the penthouse floor." She answers kindly and I smile.

"Okay, thanks so much." I thank and then hang up the phone. I grab my little clutch and look at myself in the mirror once more. I was wearing a tight black dress that had a high collar and a little slit in the back. I paired it with my nude heels, and some simple earrings. I hope it's okay for wherever we're going.

With one final sigh I leave my room and get into the elevator, pressing the 'p' button. Thankfully nobody else is in the elevator so, it's a quick trip up. Once I get out, I'm in a hall way that goes both right and left. I take my chances and head right, knocking on the only door. No answer. I knock again and wait a few more minutes before deciding nobody is there.

"This better be it." I mumble. When I get the the door the lock is holding it open and there's a little note.

Marie, just come on in. I'm in the shower.
- Dante

"Ooookay." I whisper and snatch the note off the door, pushing open.

"Dante! It's Marie!" I shout and move the lock to close the door. I turn around and stare at the magnificent room before me. Wow, and I thought my room was nice. I walk to the glass doors and push them open, walking out on the balcony.

"Wow." I whisper, completely blown away by the city at night. It's like a whole new place.

"Hey, just give me like ten minutes." I hear behind me and turn around. Dante is standing there in slacks, shirtless, and drying his wet hair with a towel. I bite the inside of my cheek and try my hardest not to stare at his chest.

"Okay." My words barely come out and I let out a breath once he turns away. My jaw drops a little and I stare at his back.

So muscular. So sexy. Uggghhh. Stop. No more thinking that way.

I just shake my head, and turn back around. Soon a blush creeps up to my cheeks and I think about our kiss that we shared in my apartment. Man, thank god he was fully clothed.

Eventually I move to one of the white cushion chairs and stair through the glass railings down at the city. I'm completely mesmerized by it. I could stare for hours.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" A voice asks.

"Good Jesus!" I yelp and put my hand on my chest, staring up at a now fully clothed Dante. He laughs and crosses his arms, meanwhile I hold my my chest hoping my heart doesn't fall out.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He mumbles and I take a deep breath in then let it out. Once I feel my pulse calming down I stand up and give him a once over.

"You ready?" I ask and his eyes rake over my appearance. I know I look good, and he looks pretty good himself. Black slacks, a white button up with the top few buttons undone and a suit jacket.

"Yeah, you look good." He compliments and turns around, grabbing some stuff off the counter. I close the doors behind me and and smile.

"Thanks, you too." I return the compliment and he just gives me a small smile while holding the door open for me. I walk out and wait in the hall as he locks the door.

"So, funny story. I actually went to the other penthouse first. Nobody was there thankfully." I admit and Dante chuckles from next to me.

"Yeah, the guy down there is a total ass. Ran into him last night and he yelled at me for being too noisy." He explains and shrugs his shoulders.