Depression?

Marie

The sound of my alarm fills my room and I roll over, grabbing my phone and shutting off. There's no way I am going to work today.

A deep sigh now fills the room as I roll over on my back and stare at the little bit of dust particles floating in the rays of sun. So pointless, but so entertaining. My arm reaches out and I pat the left side of the bed. I feel it's emptiness and my heart wrenches as I turn on my side. My eyes begin to tear up as I stare at the spot where the love of my life used to lay beside me. Tears start to pour down my face and I curl up in a ball, feeling my heart literally throb. I've never felt a pain like this before, I've never experienced a true heartbreak before.

"God dammit." I growl at myself, at the world, at him. I roll back onto my back and stare at the ceiling, letting the tears roll down my cheeks. Eventually I stop, and then I just lay there with a wet face, silent. Crying this hard is just so much work. I sigh, again, and close my eyes. Letting sleep overcome my senses.

*****
Dante

"Son! You're here again today?" My father asks and I nod my head as I walk into his office.

"Yeah, I figured that if one day I'm taking over. I should be here more." I shrug my shoulders and face my father. He smiles and point to his chair.

"Great, there's actually something I need help with. And you're the perfect person for the job." He says and I sigh, mentally rolling my eyes.

"What job?" I ask quietly and he sighs. Looking at his watch.

"It's ten twenty four. Usually Marie is here by 7:45. I'm worried, if she was sick. She would've called in, if she was leaving. She would've called in. Anyways, I would like you to go to her apartment and check up on her, make sure she's okay." He explains and I have to hide my shock, and slight anger. He just wants me here to run his bitch boy errands.

"Really dad? You want me to go to your employees home? Just to make sure she's okay?" I ask, my emotions becoming clear. He arches an eyebrow and interlaces his fingers on his desk.

"Yes Dante, is that really so hard for you to do. Marie is important to me and I wouldn't ask if I didn't care." He snaps and I stand up, rolling my eyes.

"Well then this should be you doing home visits. Not me. But fine, I'll go." I grumble and turn around, leaving his office before I get dragged into an argument. All we ever do is argue, and I don't want to deal with that today.

I tap my foot on the floor as I wait patiently for my elevator. When it dings I walk in and lean against the back wall, glaring at the doors. Ince I finally get on my floor, I walk out. While I'm walking I ignore everyone around me, not really interested in making conversation with anyone.

"Fucking dad, always making me run his little bitch boy errands." I snap at the air and unlock my car. I slide in, not wasting any time on starting the engine and speeding out of the parking lot. I carelessly speed down the highway, thankful that the morning rush traffic has finally calmed down. It doesn't take long for me to get to the apartment building I dropped her off at yesterday. Also the place where I met her jackass boyfriend.

I roll my eyes and pull into a parking spot, turning my car off. It only takes a few seconds for me to walk inside and go up to the front desk. This must be a really nice complex because most apartment buildings don't have doormen, or front desks.

"Can you tell me which apartment Marie Weathers lives in?" I ask politely and watch as the lady eye fucks me.

"And who are you?" She asks, smirking and typing away something in her computer.