II

"It's not the waking, it's the rising

"It's not the waking, it's the rising."

__chapter II__

          MUCH LIKE ANY OTHER DAY, Drusilla awoke and laid aimlessly around her home, reading books she had collected from her travels. She felt a slight buzz as she had eaten some millaflower that she had brought from her time in Naboo. It calmed her nerves, numbing her and stirring her way from feeling the force urge her to connect with the impending doom that was Kylo Ren.

         The most important thing was keeping her mind busy. When noon hit, Drusilla meditated. Once she got sick of that, she got dressed into her usual outdoors cloak and robes. She slid on her mask and headed out into the city, aiming for her first round of bars and cantinas.

          Once the woman felt light-headedness accompanied by the familiar euphoric buzz that engulfed her under its influence, she made way for her last stop for the night: Mos Eisley's Cantina. Drusilla hummed a happy little tune as she walked in the street, eyes wandering meaninglessly, until they halted. Standing between her and the cantina stood at least a dozen storm troopers stopping people and asking for their identification papers.

          Drusilla's heart leapt to her throat. Sure, she had falsified papers in case of this very scenario happening, but she never thought she would have to actually use them. She sighed, casually approaching the blockade as if nothing was wrong. Two troopers met her; one of them holding his hand out reaching for the papers Drusilla handed this way. Drusilla stood aimlessly besides them; waiting for them to let her through the barricade.

"What's going on?" She asked innocently.

"Some drunk was found beheaded by the road," The armed man replied mechanically through the comlink in his white mask.

"Nothing the lady needs to be concerned about," The other storm trooper added, folding her identification paper back to Drusilla. "You're good to go, ma'am."

          Drusilla stored the papers back into a pocket at the side of her robes. As she continued to walk towards the cantina, her eyes subtly gliding to the side where she noticed a man being interrogated by the storm troopers pointing in her general direction.