Training

Commander Erwin Smith, I just shook hands with the one and only. Why didn't I talk to him last year?

I think to myself nearing the middle of the back of the building.

His tactics and all the work he does and just how cool he is. He thinks about the safety of the people inside the walls. He's the one that's kept us safe for all these years. Of course those titans had to go ahead and ruin that.

I feel myself fangirl over everything he has ever done to keep everyone inside the walls as safe as possible. I feel the anger rise up as I think of the titans especially the colossal and the armored titan and everything they've done to ruin the small amount of peace we had. The safety now damaged by those two beasts and all the other monsters that came in after the wall was kicked in. I finished my walk and continued up the steps into HQ hoping to calm down. I remove my rain coat and hang it up as I wipe my feet on the rug. I adjust my uniform as I make my way to the dining hall where most of the cadets have already gathered. The usual bread and mush was for breakfast with the smell of coffee filling the air. Ugh I can't stand the smell of coffee I think to myself as I bit into the semi-stale bread with a wrinkled nose. I'm sitting at a table with a few people, but not too many and not too close that it gets overwhelming.

"What, are you antisocial or something?"

Asks a familiar voice from behind me. Levi comes around and sits in front of me followed by Commander Erwin.

"Not antisocial, just not a people person" I respond, waving the bread around and lifting my eyes to meet him. I watch his eyebrows slightly twitch as I watch the confusion in his face. Glad he notices that those are kind of the same thing, makes its way through my head as I let out a slight chuckle and I look down to my plate of mush.

"So, Commander Erwin, what's the plan for today? Any titan fighting yet?" I ask before putting a spoonful of whatever is in my bowl in my mouth awaiting a reply.

"Not today but, we have something quite close. The cadets will head into the forest and fight some wooden titans." he states as he looks around the room watching the other cadets.

"Hm, doesn't sound as fun." I state putting the last bit of bread in my mouth before getting up. "I guess i'll see you both there." Slightly bowing my head to both of them I walk out of the dining hall and head up to my room to grab the rest of my uniform. I sit on my bunk as I look out the window, the sun slightly peaking over the mountains. My roommate walks in and I give her a short smile.

"Excited for training?" She asks as she reaches onto her bunk to grab her jacket

"We're not doing much but its something other than cleaning," I say still looking out the window

"Yeah, I guess...do you know what we're doing today?"

"Nothing that involves dying," I give her a smile and head for the door. I hear her let out a small chuckle as I leave and head down to meet the other cadets who are standing in a line in front of the captain and commander who are eyeing each cadet waiting for one to break. I give the salute looking straight ahead and we wait for the other cadets to arrive. We are told what we are going to be doing during training.

I walk over to the ODM gear and I put my hands on my gear feeling the cold metal under my hands before actually putting it on and lining up again with the other cadets. The man leading our 'mission' talks to us about our gear and what we are going to be doing before we head out to the woods. Being one of the best when training I feel confident in my speed and skills when it comes to fighting the wooden titans. Once we reach the forest we are told to head up to the trees to get an idea of our surroundings and where the titans are. Then we get on with the fun stuff, actually 'fighting' the titans.