Dinner Before Dessert

Finally having healed somewhat, I'm doing hand to hand combat with Eren. He's been going easy on me the last few rounds which has helped me keep up.

"How are you feeling, (y/n)?" I give him a shrug as I lift my arms above and behind my head in a stretch.

"I don't feel fully recovered just yet," I let my arms fall to my sides letting them swing, "But I'm getting there," I smile a small smile before getting back in my stance and he gives me an understanding nod.

"Last round, give me all you've got," he lunges towards me but I move out of the way, I catch him off balance and give him a slight kick to the back making him fall forward.

"That's it? I was expecting a little more," I extended my hand down to help him up.

"Yeah, if you keep talking you'll have to fight the captain again," he takes my hand and once he's upright he dusts himself off,

"You're right," As he finishes dusting himself off, I look around to see if the captain saw or heard anything, luckily he was nowhere to be seen. He would definitely kick my ass, especially in this state, the thought makes me scoff and Eren gives me the thumbs up, so we head back.

"So, are you and the captain a thing now?" he whispers

"Eren, not this again," I roll my eyes, suppressing a smile

"What? Every time you get hurt he's always by your side. If he's so busy then he shouldn't be taking the time to visit you," he shrugs and I roll my eyes. "And come on, when I or any other cadet gets hurt he doesn't visit them,"

"Aw, Eren... is that it? You just want the captain to visit you when you get hurt?" I give him a reassuring pat on the arm with a sympathizing nod.

"What! No! That's not wha-" before he can ask me anymore questions I begin jogging towards my room.

"It's okay Eren! I'll let him know!" I yell turning around to face him as I give him a wave

"(y/n)!" is all I can hear before closing my door. I laugh as I remove my jacket and head to the bathroom throwing my hair up in a ponytail on the way.

After taking a brisk shower, I put my undergarments and pants on leaving the bathroom as I throw my shirt over my head. I bring the shirt down over my face and once it's over I jump as there's someone on my bed, "Well shit Levi, already here to kill me? Why don't you knock?" The shirt is resting on my shoulders, my hands on my waist.

He doesn't say anything so, I roll my eyes putting my arms through the holes in the sleeves, "Levi,"

"I did knock but you didn't answer,"

"So, you let yourself in. I see," I take a seat at the desk putting my boots next to me. I face Levi and he runs a hand through his hair, releasing a small sigh.

"How was training?"

"Fine. I couldn't do too much, so I must still be recovering,"

"You know, I still think you should take it easy,"

"I am," he stands up as I reach to grab a boot. He stands in front of me one hand on the desk the other on the back of the chair. Looking up at him, in shock, I stop reaching for the boot, and instead place my hands in my lap. "Can I hel-"

His lips forcefully interrupt my sentence but it quickly comes to an end as he backs away and tells me to stand up, "W-what why?"

"Just get up (y/n)," I listen, and he grabs my hand pulling me towards him, turning me so my back is facing the bed. He then pushes me so I land on the bed as he gets on top of me. Slowly his lips travel up my neck, making me moan softly. His hands trail up under my shirt as he finally reaches my lips. He softly traces my stomach with his hands. Once he reaches to lift my shirt I push him back. I then get off the bed, quickly pulling my boots on.

"No dessert before dinner," I give him a peck on the lips as he stands in shock then a wink and a cheesy smile, before leaving my room.

I run down the hallway to the dining hall so he doesn't have time to catch up. Once there I grab my tray and sit at the usual table with the others.

"Hey (y/n)! How are you?" I give Armin a sigh, "You know what, don't answer that, I think I know," I chuckle and continue to talk to the others. I notice Levi walking in. I look away only to look back once he's seated. He catches my stare and clenches his jaw making me snort.

"What's wrong (y/n)?" I look down at my bowl with a smile,

"Oh nothing, I just remembered a joke,"

"Well tell us," Sasha exclaims with a mouthful

"Um well it's a joke about construction," I look up at the cadets each waiting patiently and give them a grin, "I'm still working on it," I then shrug and look down at my bowl again trying to hold back a smile as I listen to the others laugh. I look over at Sasha who momentarily seemed to have choked on her food. "It wasn't that funny you guys," Their laughs making my giggle as I place a hand on the back of my head.

"If this whole cadet thing doesn't work out," Jean pauses to let out a chuckle, "You could become a comedian,"

"Yeah no thanks," I say in an almost serious tone as I place a mouthful of food in my mouth. 

[What'd y'all think of the joke? Did it make you giggle? I laughed a little bit :) okay soo there's progression next chapter...i think still haven't written it haha. ttyl!]