Chapter 7

The Painful Kiss of Augustus

Chapter 7

Summer started to roll in, entirely washing off any single vestige of frigidity left from the cold season. The searing sun started to wear the sky as it bathed the entire vicinity with assaulting yellow light. The sky was cloudless, as it gave the reign to the enigmatic sun amid. It was 12:56p.m. and I could see the lingering heat apparently dancing atop the car in front of me. Wincing, I could feel an invisible garotte wrapping around my neck when I could climbing inside that car. Heaving a deep and exhausted sigh, I turned around and saw familiar faces. Some greeted me and some just casted a friendly smile. Though I wasn't aware on how they'd known me, I just smiled and greeted them back.

It had been two weeks since our moving up ceremony. Right now, I was here to get some paper documents that I needed for Senior Highschool. Wiping the bullets of sweats forming on my forehead, I trudged toward the Administration Building with my folder on hand. Sion was with me, he just needed to go to the bathroom to do his some "essential calls" or at least that was the way he wanted to call it. The maximum coldness of the AC of the administration building instantly wrapped around my face. I could feel the bullets of sweat flushed through my face and suddenly it ceased with the rapid crawl of coldness. I swore under my breath when I realized that it might lead me to sickness. Nonetheless, the crispy crawl of the frigidity from the AC eased the melting bowl of energy left within me.

The Administration Building was crowded with new faces. I supposed that they were transferies or freshmen. Walking through the hallway, I could feel the intrigued eyes of the sea of people and their frantic movement came to a halt once they saw me wheeling to their part. Stoic expression rolled over my face as I tried to ignore the glints of their eyes. The window six for my Form 137 was open, this was the last think I needed to get. At first, I thought I didn't need to do things like this because I thought they automatically transfer my credentials to the Senior Highschool Department since both departments were under the same administration.

"You need to will away that snobbish look," someone spoke behind me.

Smile instantly flashed on my face as I spun around and see her lovely face. Ivy was wearing a floral rolled collar neckline dress, her hair was in a messy updo with some wisps dangling on her forehead. For a moment, I was fazed not until she snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"What's with the face?" She grimaced.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm enrolling for next school year,"

"It's early."

She shrugged, "It's already late for me,"

"Are you done?" My eyes darted to the folder she was holding, it was already crammed with thick number of paper.

"I guess so?"

"Good thing, I'm almost done." I smiled and looked at the window 6, "I'll just get my Form 137,"

She nodded and pointed the bench near the Registrar. Before I walked toward the window 6, I gave a tacit node of reluctance. I didn't know, I just feel like I needed her beside me. Biting my lower lip, I surreptitiously nipped my hand. If there were no people watching me right now, I would have whacked myself for thinking about it. Ivy and I were just friends. My feelings for her were clearly platonic, but somehow I felt something odd, something new to me. Nonetheless willed away since it was not good.