Chapter 13

The Painful Kiss of Augustus

Chapter 13

She thoroughly spread the portion of the sunblock through my back. The way her hands handled my back with so much softness was sending me chill. I tried to avert my attention to the drastic crash of the waves along the shoreline but my mind kept on thinking of her hands on my back. The jittery feeling filled within me as my breathing hitched. Slow but shivery intakes of breath made me clamp my lips tight to the point that I could feel my jaw clenching.

What was I feeling? Was it normal to feel this way? We were friends and all I feel for her was platonic. The attempts of eluding myself from thinking about how soft her hands against my skin were futile since I kept on shivering and her hands were making wanders on my mind. The widespread sunlit sea was entirely bathed with searing yellow shaft from the sun as some seagulls wandered through the surface of the sky. The majestic sun slowly inched amid as the clouds started to gather on the horizon.

"I'm done!" She chirped and clapped.

Looking at her, she looked satisfied of what she'd done. Smiling at her, I stood up. The sunblock was left with my slippers as I guided Ivy to the shoreline. She squealed when the waves kissed the tip of her toes and she exhaled heavily. My eyes instantly darted to her cute toes. She seemed like she had never been in here, nor had she experienced this kind of excitement. The side of my lips rose for a lopsided grin as I claimed her hand and hauled her toward the sea.

"You know how to swim, right?"

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Of course."

"That's good."

We spent most of our time joking around. It wasn't really the serious type of surfing lesson. After I provided her the basic steps, she tried but toppled many times before she sported her best wave. However, she guessed it was just a lucky timing since after her best shot, she did not make it again. She seldom did some fantastic ride but most of the time, she got toppling to the water. The first time she was thrown off her board, I was angst when she did not swim up to the surface of the water. When I was about to swim to see if she was alright, she rushed to me and blurted when she saw my frightened face. I glared at her after that.

"Relax. I got my leash." She giggled as she splashed me a seawater.

"I was worried!"

"I'm sorry, alright? I was just having fun."

"Having fun of power tripping?"

She pouted and paddled toward me. She pinched my cheek and yanked upward some wet strands of my hard that were dangling on my forehead.

"Tampo ka?"

"Tss,"

"I'm sorry,"

"I was worried." I looked at her.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't do it again. I don't like the feeling."

"Okay."

It was two in the afternoon when we decided to go home. The smile on my lips did not falter as I graced the walkway toward the threshold of our house. Once I entered the house, the silence engulfed. Wandering my eyes around, there was no line sheets scattered around. Maybe my mother had left the house for work. I was about to ponder about the maids when one lunged to my part and asked if I needed a drink or something. I motioned none as I sauntered my way to my room.