family and secrets

*the week after the wedding*

DECEMBER 19TH 1890

to athena,
i hate this marriage life. i don't love adeline, i love you athena. i know we've never met in person but i know that you are more caring, funny, and prettier than adeline. i want to see your face and touch you in real life other than from my window.

yours truly, jin

KIM SEOKJIN'S POV

staring the last note from athena in a hidden box making my cheeks (and ears hehe) tint into a hue of red.

"fuck.." this was the fourth time i caught myself cussing as an urge to see her had crossed his mind. maybe when i could be king i could change my father's rules, therefore letting anyone marry who they love.

as i daydreamed, a knock came from the door startling me "you may enter" i cleared my throat, fixing my appearance.

when the door opened, i saw the guard with athena.

"hurry up, you have an hour before your wife comes back" the guard said pushing athena into the room. now im alone with her

ATHENA ADAMOS POV

after the door was shut, seokjin looked at you, the same glimmer in his eyes before he smiled at you, the widest he's ever done before.

"hey" his voice was deep, making all your senses leave your body.

"h-hi" you stuttered out.

soon he got closer to you, he was so close to you. you could feel his breath hit your skin dragging in the desire to just kiss him.

"may i" seokjin said cupping your cheeks, looking down at your lips.

there was a moment of silence, a train of thoughts going around the tracks in your mind until you nodded.

when your lips met yours, there was a brief moment of fireworks going off. it felt like the patience have paid off.

his fingers were on your chin with the other on your waist. you pulled him closer by the back of his neck, deepening the kiss. it was a passionate kiss but also desperate to touch you. seokjin snaked his hands on your back unzipping your dress, until a knock on the door came startling the both of you.

(HAH AKALA MO MAY BAD)

seokjin zipped back your dress while you were wiping of the lipstick marks off his face. then you sat on a chair with a flower you sent on a table.

"you may enter" jin said before the door opened revealing jin's wife. wait, she looks familiar...

"Athena and I are actually discussing what the flowers would be for the king's birthday" jin lied.

"oh i didn't expect my sister to be arranging the flowers" adeline said

"well she is the gardener, wait..sister?" jin added.

"Adeline Adamos-Kim" you said
"Athena Adamos" adeline said

"wait, you guys are sisters?" jin said.

⚠️TW: includes family problems, abuse and alcohol so if your not comfortable with those, you can skip⚠️

*flashback*

DECEMBER 28TH, 1880

"YOU ARE SUCH A DISGRACE TO THIS FAMILY!" dad said throwing a glass on the floor making the entire house smell like alcohol

"honey please calm down. but your dad's right, you should only fall in love with royal blood" mom said trying to calm everyone down

"Adeline is 18, she's supposed to reserve herself for royalty" dad said, still furious
"Why can't you be like Athena? She's turning 15 yet she's more responsible than you" dad added

"If she's more responsible than i am, why not bring her into royalty?" Adeline said, choking on her own sobs

"Athena is still young. the firstborns should always be in royalty. Athena can only be a gardener" mom said calmly.

"I CAN'T WITH THIS FAMILY, I DON'T LOVE SEOKJIN. I LOVE ALEX WITH ALL MY HEART AND I CAN'T MARRY SOMEONE ONLY FOR MONEY" Adeline shouted as she ran upstairs.

It was 10pm so your parents already went to bed. While you were sleeping peacefully, the day before your birthday. Your sister was planning her runaway.

It was 12am, your 15th birthday. Your sister prepared a cupcake with a daisy on top of it.

"Happy birthday idiot, blow the candle" adeline whispered, laughing at your nickname.

"Aww thanks" you said before blowing out the candle.

You noticed that her eyes were bloodshot red with her luggage packed and almost like she was leaving

"Where are you going? Were you crying?" You said with concern.

"it's okay, i'll only be gone for a while. don't tell anyone about this." Adeline said.
"Can you give this to the prince following a daisy?" She added giving me a letter

"Sure thing" you said.

⚠️*end of flashback*⚠️

when she ran away from home, your parents moved to another country but still in contact to royalty. the guard always took care of you. then the royal announced that the prince would get married. his fiancé would always tell you to send him particular flowers and letters, but you never knew what his fiancé looked like as you forgot what adeline looked like after 10 years.

"i know" adeline said

"what do you know?" Jin said starting to get suspicious

"i know about the letters the both of you send to each other" adeline said holding up our letters and gifts

"and i respect that, you two are meant for each other. i don't really love seokjin, it's only for the money." adeline added

"then what should we do?" you asked

"easy, seokjin and i would remain married normally" adeline said.

"while Athena and i would still be together in secret" seokjin added

the three of us and the guard knows this