Discontinued :((

[Picture Credits: ??? (will add once I find it, feel free to say if you know before then)]

Well then, it's been a year since Kiddo Era came out (on AO3). And what am I doing to celebrate that?

Discontinuing the series.

But this is for what I think is a good reason!!!

In recent months, I've been struggling to get chapters out on all my content (the only thing I've uploaded fiction wise is Seasons of Change, a poem on AO3, but I'm not too proud of that one so we don't count it). I thought that I'd be able to make more, given recent circumstances, but that's not been the case. I live near London, and someone in my family (elderly, as per the supposed "trend") has died of Covid-19. I won't be able to say goodbye to them until this all blows over, and it's taken a big blow on my mental health. I'm still mourning my Grandmother's death from a few years ago, and wasn't mentally prepared for both the pandemic and my recent loss.

Not only that, but I initially started planning for all of this when I was 13. Not many aspects have changed, with extra characters being an exception (Blot didn't even exist until the day before the second chapter of Kiddo Era was released!). Due to this, it all feels...rushed, as I keep on trying to make my fingers match the speed of my imagination with no success. As you may have also noticed in Kiddo Era, a lot of the character interactions seem fake and forced, and many of the chaotic dumb asses that I don't own are very OOC from their actual personalities (especially Ink's and Error's in that one chapter from Ink's POV). I'm 17 this year. It's been 3-4 long years since I started thinking of all of this. I have so many new ideas for everything, and my world views and knowledge have also grown and adapted to my surroundings. So, apart from adding new characters (and desperately trying to make them fit into the story despite being added so late - that's one of the things I was struggling with before I made this decision. Her name is Angel, by the way. You'll love what I'm planning for her now (*˘︶˘*).。.:*♡), nothing I'm adding to and making for the story is what I want now.

Another thing is perspective writing. I started with that because, in all honesty, I was so into roleplaying at the time and wanted to continue like that, even if it left an incoherent, cringeworthy mess. I've experimented with 3rd Person writing (Dimensions for example, which I will be continuing once I figure out what I'm doing next there too), and now find I much prefer it over 1st person, both in reading and writing. You may wonder how it makes a difference, but believe me, it does. I did a rewrite of the Aghast (the first chapter in Kiddo Era) recently, completely in 3rd person, and it was a huge step up in quality compared to what it was before, and my proof reader (who is currently my younger brother, considering I'm going through a rough patch with and can't actually contact my friend who used to proof read my works when she was bored in class - we got work done, don't worry!) agrees with me.

However, this doesn't mean I'm going to stop, or that I've left the fandom, because I'm still as stuck in here as everyone else. |•ˇ₃ˇ•。)

In fact, all I'm going to do is go back to the drawing board and restart from the very beginning of everything so I can include every last drop of lore into the story. And not only this, I can always adapt it to what I want later on without worrying about original concepts, as most of the story is actually before my creativity can gloss over the bigger picture.

I'll be starting from the first, original timeline of Undertale, and exploring what actually happens in there, from the MonstersvHumans War all the way up to Frisk falling down. I'll also touch upon AUs made soon after (in my planned timeline, that would be Underswap, Underfell, Aftertale and Reapertale. Strange not to see Dreamtale on that list, right? That's because I actually headcanon Dream and Nm to be the youngest, aside from Lust •̀.̫•́✧), but not what happens in them (apart from the first two), simply because Aftertale follows the original timeline with some extra elements added in the Genocide route and Geno being added, and Reapertale has all of its past lore sorted out (correct my if I'm wrong), and most of its major events will only be happening hundreds of years later.

Phew, that's a lot of writing (I think; I'm writing this on the Mobile Web version of the Site, so I'm not actually too sure)!

Please respect my decision to discontinue SJaT as it is. Kiddo Era and what's left of Teen Era will still be available to read, it just won't be updated anymore. Please stay safe, hydrated, and happy in these trying times. Author-San cares about you all!

~ InkblotSkyz