Chapter 16

DarkBeauty357

Bright and early in the morning Isaac woke up and he didn't even know what to do with himself. He was alone for the first time but he was safe. He wasn't in his own pack so how would he present himself now.

Isaac was with a new family but he wasn't in a new family. They could get rid of him at any time. He could make one wrong move and they'd kick him out for days as his father did to him.

The real question is what was he going to do now?

The only thing that Isaac could do know was to try and make the best impression. Isaac left the spare bedroom and walked slowly down the hall.

He could tell which rooms belonged to whom based on their scents. He could also tell that he was the only one up, so he wanted to be careful and not make a noise.

His throat tightened in pain as he walked past Kai's room. The door was shut but he could still detect the lingering smell of Kai. He stopped in the middle of the hallway and stared at the closed door. His head started to pound in guilt. Isaac felt pained that he had even bullied him in the first place. All the tormenting things that he has said to or about Kai, they all meant nothing now. Kai was gone and now Isaac was left with all that guilt.

Isaac's chest swelled up and it almost became painful. He took a deep breath and let it go, then he continued to go downstairs to the kitchen.

In the mornings, he would usually make breakfast for his father and if he was late he would always be punished. Isaac didn't know if the rules were the same here but he decided to play it safe. If he thought getting punished by his own father was bad, then he surely didn't want to anger Alpha Knine.

Isaac looked over on the stove and saw that it was five-thirty. He sighed in relief. At least he wasn't late. Anything past six was considered late and considered an automatic punishment. That gives him a good amount of time to prepare breakfast for everyone, and he would need it too because there was a larger group of people.

It was a surprise to everyone about how they woke up. Nothing expected the smell of eggs and bacon to whiff through the house. Especially so early in the morning.

It was mostly a surprise to the children in the house. It felt like forever since Leah has cooked breakfast and in reality, it wasn't that long ago, but that is how dark it has felt in the house.

Leah woke up from her sleep and laid in bed. Even she could smell the delicious aroma from downstairs. It puzzled her because none of her kids liked to cook so how could possibly be cooking now.

Alec woke up soon after and rolled over to find Leah. Her eyebrows were furrowed in deep concentration. She should probably go and check to see who that is, but surely an intruder wouldn't be cooking in someone's house. Besides, it was probably Alice or Remmy. Sometimes they would come in and cook breakfast and dinners.

"Babe, I can practically see the smoke coming out your ears. What are you thinking about." Alec yawned. He was still half tired from yesterday.

"Who's making breakfast?" Leah asked.

"I don't know," Alec muttered half asleep then went back to bed.

Leah rolled her eyes, "Tyrant Alpha." Leah scoffed, "You're just an overgrown puppy."

"Mhm."

Leah got up and put on some clothes for the day then went downstairs.

She peered into the kitchen only to find stacks of food sitting on plates. Isaac had already finished cooking, now he was just organizing the plates.