Chapter 24

DarkBeauty357

A month and a half had passed since Rem's burial ceremony and the wolves were still working together tirelessly.

Isaac spent most of the month healing from his wounds alone in the hospital. Even though he was surrounded by gifts and the occasional visits from Alec and Leah, he was still left feeling lonely because of one individual. Peyton didn't bother coming to check on Isaac after he fled his room. Even after Isaac was able to leave the hospital, he tried to look for Peyton but he was still new to the pack. Isaac wasn't as familiar with the land as Peyton, so if he didn't want to be found then Isaac was never going to find him. Peyton made sure that Isaac couldn't find him by staying with a friend that resided away from the Alpha's house. The longer that Peyton continued to avoid Isaac, the more angry Isaac became. It was to the point where the first time Isaac sees Peyton, he might punch him. Isaac just felt like after literally jumping in front of danger for someone the least they can do is speak face-to-face with him.

Other than trying to find Peyton, Isaac had something else to look forward to. Every single morning Isaac would wake up and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate with Leah. Since Grace had moved in with Leah and Alec for the meantime, she joined in on the daily morning hot chocolate routine. Grace enjoyed spending time with Leah as she had a healing sensation around her. Just being around her made you feel better sometimes. If it wasn't for her constantly being around Leah and the others then she probably would have committed suicide by now.

"Are you ready?" Leah asked Grace.

When Grace looked at Leah, relief flooded her face. She was thankful for the treatments that Leah was able to provide for her. It was the only thing that helped ease the physical pain and heartbreak for a couple of hours.

Leah went to fill the bath while Grace changed, then she pulled her small bag out from the mirror wall cabinet. While Leah dimmed the lights, lit the candles and incenses, and scattered some herbs in the water; Grace was standing at the doorway. She wore shorts and a crop top, exposing her skinny figure. Even with the little bit of weight gain, still appeared to be too skinny.

Leah held out her hand for Grace to take so she wouldn't slip as she was getting into the huge tub. When Grace would get too stressed she had a possibility of fainting. After Grace passed out the first time, Leah hovered over her.

Grace held on to the sides and closed her eyes, exhaling slowly. Leah closed her eyes too as she tried to concentrate.

The method of healing primarily benefited werewolves at the loss of their mates, and it was created by Velvezhi herself. Velvezhi was able to teach a select group of elite witches this method but only a few were able to perform it. It took a lot of energy out of the witch performing the spell, but Leah kept that part to herself because she didn't like seeing Grace in pain.

When Velvezhi taught Leah how to perform that type of magic, she caught on exceptionally well. Not long after Leah gave birth to Charlie she was able to teach Cevielle, who spent months trying to learn it. It worked better that way so Leah was still able to maintain her privacy and there were no other complications. When it came to a pack member losing a mate, they could have Cevielle make a house visit if they preferred.

With her eyes closed, Leah hovered her hands over the tub and guided her hands in the motion of the ocean. The water moved slowly and steadily with the guidance of her hands against the tub. After a few seconds, the water started to glow brightly. The luminescent water engulfed Grace's body, providing instant relief.

Grace sighed in relief as the tension in her chest eased away and her muscles physically relaxed. The redness around her throat and chest disappeared and her headache vanished. It was her first breath that she took for the day that didn't feel like inhaling glass while running a marathon.