Arachnophobia

.
.
.

🕷🕷🕷

🕷
🕷
🕷

OUR group shared nervous glances as Andy finally seemed to notice what Tom was staring at with wide eyes. "What the hell?! Someone's tarantula got loose!" He yelled, taking a few stumbling steps backwards.

Taking advantage of the distraction, a Greenville player stole the ball, but before he took two dribbles he yelled and jumped in fear. The crowd seemed to go rigid as they watched multiple spiders crawl across the gym floor.

As if on cue, someone screamed and oversized spiders began to drop from the ceiling, making the players all draw into the center of the court in an attempt to avoid the creatures.

From beside me Stacy shrieked, her eyes wide and lips trembling as she moved her hands hysterically, "it's, it's IN MY HAIR!"

Lucas carefully swatted it off her head, but everyone's attention was drawn to Ava, her eyes currently glued to the ceiling. "Guys, look up..." she said shakily.

Spiders crawled from the ceiling in such a dense crowd that they made the ceiling appear carpeted. As the crowd stared at the scene mesmerized, the spiders just kept coming, and where some fell and crawled to the walls and floor, two more seemed to replace it.

In unison, the gym erupted into chaos, people screaming and yelling as they ran and panicked in an attempt to find a way out that wasn't covered in spiders.

Connor grabbed my shoulders and pulled me back just before a group of spiders fell on me, and even as the gym emptied, the spiders didn't stop. "Let's get out of here," he said in a nervous voice as we took off jogging. We both used the bleachers to avoid the massive crowds of spiders and luckily found an exit that wasn't swarmed.

Most of the crowd had found an exit, and just in time as the floor began to flood with the giant brown creatures. But as I shot a glance backwards, I saw two figures who still hung on the floor, making me come to a dead halt. Andy and Tom...

Tom was slouched over and clutching his neck while Andy used one hand to hold Tom up and the other to wave. "Someone help, he got bit!" Andy called, but the few stragglers left were too busy pushing past the panicked crowd to get out.