ɢʀᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʀᴄʜ, ɢʀᴀɴᴅ ᴇxɪᴛ

.
.
.

XXX

XXX

BLOODCURLING screams
overpowered every sound beside the snapping of jaws and guttural roars. I gave one last glance at the blood streak Andy had left before shaking it off and running towards our group, having to shove my way through the crowd. I could see Principal Florence shaking spiders from the streamers as she directed kids to classrooms. It was mass chaos with people running in every direction and screaming.

"We have to go!" I called, "we have to get out of here or we have no chance at saving Andy!" Everyone nodded along, but I only counted four, making my heart drop. "Wait, where's Noah?!"

I darted around before looking up to see Noah viciously slamming creatures with metal folding chairs. I grabbed one myself and slammed it onto the spine of a creature leaping for Noah's torso. I grabbed his wrist without bothering to say anything, dragging him back to the group without realizing we had been surrounded.

Without any weapons all we could do was keep our backs to each other and watch as the creatures closed in on us. I grabbed Connor's hand and squeezed my eyes shut before I heard a slam, whimper, and a familiar nasally voice.

"RUN YOU IDIOTS!"

I opened my eyes to see Jocelyn using a serving table to shield us from one direction of creatures.

"RUN BEFORE I REGRET THIS!"

I took off, the group following from behind. I shot one last glance as our principal dragged Britney from running to Jocelyn, who was currently surrounded. My eyes met with Jocelyn's one last time before creatures jumped on her, leaving the last sounds of homecoming to be Jocelyn's screams of pain and Britney's begging as she was pulled into the hallway.

We ran down the hallways, ignoring the principal calling to us as we ducked into the auditorium to avoid a few creatures on our tail.

I slammed the door and used a wood pointing stick to barricade it, turning to the group. "We have to get out of here before we're dog food."