Days 11 and 12

Day 11:

"Deku, do you remember telling me about your favorite pizza place? I think we might've gone before?"

Deku grunted in response

"Well I wanna go. The pizza was good." You looked up at him. His gaze was trained on the tv, but you could tell he was listening.

"Okay." Deku picked you up bridal style, kissing your cheek.

~Timeskip~

You smiled eating a slice of mushroom pizza. You looked across the table at Deku, who'd barley eaten a slice.

"Deku? Are you okay? You seem to be thinking really hard... Deku? Hello? Deku!" You snapped your finger in front of his face.

"Sorry. I've just been thinking..." Deku started to drift off

"About what? I want to be able to help you." You reached past your shared root beer to lay your hand against his arm.

"I don't want to keep living the same day over. But if I don't, I don't know if I'll ever get to see you again. I just, I don't want to lose you too." With a quick peck on the back of your hand, Deku plunged his fork into his own throat.

Day 12:

You and Deku sat back to back simply enjoying the presence of one another.

"Deku..." You started off.

Deku turned around, wrapping his arms around your waist. "Yeah babe?"

"What if ... what if we didn't die tonight?" You held your breath waiting for your boyfriend's response.

"You mean like immortality?" He asked one hand absently twirling a strand of your hair around his fingers.

"No I mean. What if neither one of us died. Before the clock strikes 12. What if we... let tomorrow happen?"

The silence between you was tense. Deku had dropped your hair and was oddly quiet.

"What if tomorrow comes and you don't remember anything that we've done? All the fun we've had. What if you don't remember me?" Deku's arms tightened around your waist. His head buried against your back.

You turned on the bed to face Deku. You lifted his head and brushed his messy green hair out of his emerald eyes.

"But what if I do remember. What if I never even forget. What if we got to spend whole days together instead of just a couple of hours. What if you moved in with me. What if we grew old with each other?" Your eyes shone with hope and love.

"Tell you want babe, if I wait it out will you promise me that the day I ask you to marry me you'll say yes?" Deku smiled almost shyly, as if he was nervous to ask.

"I promise." You placed your forehead against his.

~Timeskip~

"Are you ready?" You held onto Deku's hand and looked up at his freckle covered face and emerald eyes.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Deku pulled you close, hugging you.

"11:59..." You breathed out.

"I love you (y/n)." Deku whispered.

"I love you too." You whispered, closing your eyes.