Chapter 13: The Big Dinner

Derek's POV:
I heard the doorbell ring and my heart skipped a few beats. I ran to the door and fixed my hair as I held the doorknob. I opened it to see my parents. Ugh.

"Hey Mom! Hey Dad!" I greeted them with a hug and leaded them to the table.

"Where is Bethany?" My mom asked, taking off her coat.

"She is running a little late. But she will be here in a few minutes." I honestly had no idea where she was and I was getting nervous.

We sat there, my parents and I, for at least ten minutes. Finally, the doorbell rang again.

"One second guys." I went to the door and opened it. She looked gorgeous.

"Hey Bethany. Hello Mr. and Mrs. Mota. How are you today?" I asked them politely, taking their jackets to hang them in the closet.

"I'm doing well, thank you very much." Her mom smiled and walked to the table.

"Hi Derek." Bethany kissed me and followed me to the table.

"Mom. Dad. This is Bethany and her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Mota. Mr. and Mrs. Mota, this is Mr. and Mrs. Hough." Everyone greeted each other and I went to get the food.

I placed all the food on the table and told everyone to dig in.

Bethany's POV:
Derek was acting especially generous and polite to my parents. Which I respected. My Mom actually gave me a good look at the dinner table.

A little while later, we had desert and Derek went to get our coats. We were all ready to go.

"Thank you so much Derek for this lovely dinner. And I had such a good time meeting your parents as well." She gave Derek and his parents a hug. Then, my Mom and Dad walked to the car.

"Can I hang out here with you for a little?" I asked Derek, trying for his parents not to hear.

"Of course."

A few minutes later, we were alone. My parents had left and his parents left. I knew my Mom liked him, but my Dad didn't say a word. I was getting extremely worried.

AUTHOR'S NOTE~
Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't been writing as often as I was.. I have been really busy lately with other things that I do. But this is Chapter 13 for you. Hope you guys like it! ily guys!